• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BMW Drivers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had some Bridgestone Potenza's which normally stick to the road like the proverbial 5hit to a blanket but when I ran them down to below the legal limit they became useless in the wet or dry, its as if they have a different compound once you hit the wear indicators… one that you’re not supposed to drive on!
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Get yourself a TVR... I have something called a "wet weather brick". I stick it under the throttle pedal so in wet weather I'm not tempted to push more than 50% power.

You want to fishtail on the M25 at 70... freaks other drivers out and I had to chip my brown trousers off.

Still, when you go to Merc driving days and handle the wet track with the car control tech off, the instructors always say "do you drive a TVR?"
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        I had some Bridgestone Potenza's which normally stick to the road like the proverbial 5hit to a blanket but when I ran them down to below the legal limit they became useless in the wet or dry, its as if they have a different compound once you hit the wear indicators… one that you’re not supposed to drive on!

That's probably the effect I was on about, where the tread does a lot more than some people realise.

I remember a guy bringing some worn tyres to a track day that were almost like slicks, thinking the grip would be excellent. He said it was like driving on ice. Fortunately he brought a trailer so he didn't have to drive to/from the venue on them.
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          I had some Bridgestone Potenza's
          Hello! And welcome to this weeks edition of Tire Geeks...

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
            Hello! And welcome to this weeks edition of Tire Geeks...
            Tyre
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Nice to find where all the Passat tdi and Ford ctdi (or some equally inane arrangement of letters) are hiding. The worst drivers in the world, without a doubt.
              If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood. And therefore a witch!

Comment

Working...
              X