• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Angry Motorist Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by threaded View Post
    but they cap it all by putting their hazards on.

If you know you're a hazard, don't park there! How hard can it be?

I do that when I go round to a relative to drop something/someoneone off or pick something/someone up. They have double yellows outside their home, and there's never any legal parking within a few minutes walk.

I put the hazards on to show any nearby traffic wardens I'm only there temporarily, collecting or delivering stuff, so am entitled to park there for a few minutes. Only ever had one run in with them and got the ticket cancelled.

Not so sure I'd get away with that now, with the change in law allowing you to get done via CCTV, which there happens to be just up the road. It's probably never switched on though.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post
      People who expect to be 'flashed' in order for them to pull out.

Ooerr missus
      This one happens in Copenhagen a lot: car drivers who flash people in, with the specific intention of getting the other driver to have an accident with the cyclists on the path who are obscured by the one doing the flashing. Quite a common one that, so it's now become an automatic ban.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

#1 - driving on the left side of the road

#2 - mini-roundabouts....they seems to be everywhere and do little when traffic is busy. Many times you find people looking at each other wondering who has right of way - and a some near collisions!

#3 - tailgaters. They seem to be everywhere. Last week I had one car right on me. I slowed down to let them pass - I was on the motorway - and they still hung behind! Who are these idiots!?
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

[QUOTE=lilelvis2000;508552#3 - tailgaters. They seem to be everywhere. Last week I had one car right on me. I slowed down to let them pass - I was on the motorway - and they still hung behind! Who are these idiots!?[/QUOTE]

You sure you weren't towing someone at the time!?
          Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

People who get stuck behind my caravan and sound their horn.
            Guaranteed to make me go even slower
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              People who get stuck behind my caravan and sound their horn.
              Guaranteed to make me go even slower

Probably trying to let you know that your cat is being swung around after climbing half-way up the curtains.
              Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

A cycling one: people who stand up on their pedals to set off, then stop pedalling, and sit down.

They wobble all over the shop, normally shooting a meter or so away from the curb on their first thrust, causing everyone behind to brake, then just as they've got going in a straight line, they stop pedalling slowing again to a near stop as they sit back down on the other side of the junction, normally where the cycle path is narrowing, causing everyone behind to brake again.

Although to be fair, the riders of fixies, and holigans, have taken to knocking them off, by clipping their front wheels as they set off, possibly for fun, so it's not quite so common these last few months.

Comment

A cycling one: people who stand up on their pedals to set off, then stop pedalling, and sit down.
                  And I saw a scooterist deliberately cut one up the other day, ostensibly to collect a paper from the free paper person on the corner.

Lots of Danish tutting from the cyclists around me, i.e. they approved but it's not the done thing to say so. I was like LOL.

Comment

.. I was like LOL .
                    Aaargh! A "like" spouter, Threaded of all people!

I thought only teenage airheads like copied this daft irritating mannerism from like hip US sitcoms.

Comment

Originally posted by Marina View Post
                      Aaargh! A "like" spouter, Threaded of all people!

I thought only teenage airheads like copied this daft irritating mannerism from like hip US sitcoms.
                      I think you'll find, it's like a really really old fashioned English mannnerism that travelled from the north to the south of England like via the US.

Comment

Working...
                      X