• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Icesave worries

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick aside, anyone know who provides the banking service to Sainsburys Bank?

There was a table in one of the broadsheets showing which bank services were provided by which banks but can't seem to find it.

Think it had slightly different info in it to the MSE table.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post

There was a table in one of the broadsheets showing which bank services were provided by which banks but can't seem to find it.

Its a 50/50 joint ventrure, Sainsbury's and HBOS

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
        Its a 50/50 joint ventrure, Sainsbury's and HBOS
        Thanks, sounds right.

Used to think it was HSBC.

Comment

A bit more here,

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...83M&refer=home

Perhaps I'll have a total clear out of Icesave. That new bank mentioned sounds even dodgier. The numbers for Iceland as a whole are quite scary, I'm not sure who picks up the mess if the country goes under as a whole !?

Comment

It`s actually Birmingham Midshires ,Which mentioned is indeed HBOS.

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
              Just applied for one for me and mrs - cheers
              LOL - nice one baggy - those sods are in Iceland too! Even though passport protected I am not risking it. Will happily do .25 or so less to keep it in the UK I guess. Git
              my ferret is your ferret

Comment

You can find a nice coloured matrix on moneysavingexpert.com showing which banks are part of the same group. It was in either the most recent newsletter or the one before it.
                I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Look before you leap

Like most here, I did a quick check to see what was on offer on savings stuff. Most that came up either never heard of before, like Kaupf uck or some names that have recently had 'liquidity' problems like B & B, A & L or the worst in service/trying to get your money out (Sh-abbey).
                  I wouldn't risk it if I had 000's on any of the above for the sake of another 1 or 2 %. Beware of banks 'bearing gifts'.
                  Last edited by Dow Jones; 31 March 2008, 14:52.

Comment

iceland contagion?

I thought this was a kerry katona thing...

IGMC

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

All this uncertainty regarding banks is making opening an account with Northern Rock quite attractive!

Comment

Working...
                      X