• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That toff barrister from The Apprentice...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good film

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I'm not watching this series. BBC are doing what CH4 did with BB. Instead of a plausible set of candidates they have a collection of loons, snobs, losers and idiots with very little charm and almost no business acumen.

Car crash TV at its worst.
    Didn't you like Tarantino's 'Deathproof' then?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Who's Howard?

I see no Howard on the candidates list.
      Howard from the Halifax, where Kevin is from apparently.

Do keep up.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
        Howard from the Halifax, where Kevin is from apparently.

Do keep up.
        Ah - now I see.

I thought earlier that you were disputing that he was from Woking when you said Halifax. Now it's all clear.

And probably not to the question of whether he would lamp Howard. Howard is too nice.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Howard is too nice.
          an annoying, bog eyed muppet from dudley.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

And the posh boys didn't realise that under £5 for a lobster was cheap??
            Probably because they're not used to paying for it
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

And the posh boys didn't realise that under £5 for a lobster was cheap??
              Is there a list of things you have to know before you can be considered posh then?

I thought these days ones class was determined by how money one has - which makes me a pleb.

<doffs hat at the person who said they have 31 BTL's>

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Is there a list of things you have to know before you can be considered posh then?

I thought these days ones class was determined by how money one has - which makes me a pleb.

<doffs hat at the person who said they have 31 BTL's>
                No that would make the likes of A Sugar and P Green posh.

If posh titles were available to buy our aristocracy would be full of Americans.

Even our burger flipping, lottery winning hero might even make the grade were that the case
                Last edited by Jog On; 27 March 2008, 13:32.
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=34435

BUY YOUR OWN LORDSHIP OF THE MANOR TITLE - DATING FROM THE DOMESDAY BOOK
                  Opportunities to call yourself "Lord of the Manor" will be offered at auction in London next month. Thirty Manorial Lordships in England and Scotland, many dating from the times of the Domesday Book, are expected to fetch between £4,000 and £15,000 each.
                  The Manorial Lordships and Superiorities, as they are called in Scotland, are being offered for sale by the Marquess of Londonderry, the Earl of Hardwicke, Viscount Long, Lord Balneil, the Warden and Fellows of New College Oxford, the Master and Fellows of Pembroke College Oxford, Sir George Wombwell, Lady Diana Miller and many others.
                  The auction, being conducted by Michael Farrow of the Historical Records Agency, is to be held at 1415hrs on Thursday, December 5 at Founders' Hall, Cloth Fair, EC1. Explained Mr Farrow: "Lordships of manors are the oldest titles in this country and many date from before the Norman Conquest. King William the Conqueror issued new royal grants giving manors to his supporters. The manorial system was the only form of local government for centuries.
                  "This is a unique opportunity to purchase a manorial lordship, research its history and take an interest in the area and people within the manor. Many rights conferred by Royal Charter and Letters Patent still belong to the lord of the manor."

HTH

Comment

The guy who got sacked struck me as more exceptionally camp than posh
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      The guy who got sacked struck me as more exceptionally camp than posh
                      My thinking also.

Gay discrimination I fear.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X