• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Teachers today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Well of course. I did a lot of things as a kid that make me cringe to think back on now. The casual cruelty to man and beast. The making of annoyance - just for the sake of it - just because we could.

Kids are basically pretty 'evil' in their natural state. By that, I don't mean that they are actually possessed by the Devil, or something, but that they don't know right from wrong.

Kids need parents (or other mentors) to instill the values of civilization, otherwise they are utter brutes, without care or thought for others.

It took thousands of years for humans to become civilized and respect each other. Maybe we had a 'Golden Age' of decency and are now emerging out of the other side.
    so true! the guidance i received from family, not just parents, helped me. i was still scared tulipless of mum finding out and getting a clout. i remember being 18 and getting absolutely blathered in town. 2 cops, one who knew the family, took me home, gave me a slap and drop me off 100m up the road and watched me stagger home. they watched me get in the house and waved to my mum, who then slapped me all over cos the she knew the police had brought me home.

I couldnt wait to get back to camp. altho i found out on the Monday while being beasted by the army staff that she had called my Sgt and told him about it... 4 days that beasting lasted.

Needless to say, the cops have never taken me home to my mums again!
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
      Needless to say, the cops have never taken me home to my mums again!
      It's all-together much more fun just sleeping in a field somewhere.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
      X