• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gipsies camp opposite Tessa Jowell's home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spookily enough, I drove right past there yesterday on my way back from Stratford. It's a road I travel fairly frequently and I remember thinking "that's new" and "what an odd place for a caravan park".

Mind you, some of the caravans were real deluxe jobs and looked brand new.

What I want to know is how they got the water and electricity services connected to the site over an Easter weekend.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
      What I want to know is how they got the water and electricity services connected to the site over an Easter weekend.
      They were eggstra-specially nice to the water and electricity services companies?

IGMC
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

They probably had them connected to a standpipe and powerboard months in advance.

Don't see what the problem is myself.
        Everybody needs somewhere to live!
        It could be worse, they could have moved next door to one of us
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          They probably had them connected to a standpipe and powerboard months in advance.
          Aye. They would have got things under way shortly after they bought the land.
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
            Aye. They would have got things under way shortly after they bought the land.
            Shame about all the raw sewage and garbage they are going to dump around the countryside.

Must send them a link for tpdville

Comment

Shame about all the raw sewage and garbage they are going to dump around the countryside.

Must send them a link for tpdville
              It's ok, they put a septic tank in...
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                It's ok, they put a septic tank in...
                and you think they will pay to have it emptied?

Comment

and you think they will pay to have it emptied?
                  If it's a properly spec'd one you won't need to have it emptied very often - if there's enough land you can install a 'soak-away' so the purified effluent soaks away into the subsoil through a 'herringbone' network of pipes.

The place actually looked very neat and tidy. I wonder if it will last.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

If it's a properly spec'd one you won't need to have it emptied very often - if there's enough land you can install a 'soak-away' so the purified effluent soaks away into the subsoil through a 'herringbone' network of pipes.

The place actually looked very neat and tidy. I wonder if it will last.
                    Approximately eight years according to current legislature

Comment

It's a road I travel fairly frequently and I remember thinking "that's new" and "what an odd place for a caravan park".

sell Big Issue on

Comment

Working...
                      X