• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Most odious person

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talking about guys with pantomime dame voices, how about that sports reporter on BBC Breakfast News.

I hate sport anyway, but once he starts piping up (literally) and talking a load of carp about relegations and who beat Bolton in the 5th division, I have to mute the TV, and then I forget to _unmute_ it for half an hour

(Not saying he's a horrible person, in fact he seems quite an amiable sort. But he could do with smoking a pack of capstan full strength for a few years, or swigging bottle of gin each day, to sort out that absurd pre-pubescent voice.)

Comment

Hrh ?
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        New nomination

Paul o'Grady - how the hell is this cretin a star? His worn old jokes, his crokey scouse tones, his references that only an 80 year old would get (Gracy Fields/Les Dawson/Steptoe aren't exactly contemporary so why do you keep going on about them?). A Gala bingo caller that got lucky

End of on the bench rant
        On the whole I completely agree.

However, he does have a nice house out of it, pays the bills, and doesn't have to work very hard for it.

I would imagine that there are a large number of people that would say the same sort of thing about the likes of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          Hrh ?
          Previous name, the tw@t formerly known as RRH.

Seconded, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            Previous name, the tw@t formerly known as RRH.

Seconded, btw.
            Creative with his names.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Does he like squirrels?
              Yes he does - on toast
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                Creative with his names.

Im hardly bloody Pol Pot am I...... FFS!

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
                  Im hardly bloody Pol Pot am I...... FFS!
                  We're not so sure!

The funeral may have been a cover up
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    New nomination

Paul o'Grady - how the hell is this cretin a star? His worn old jokes, his crokey scouse tones, his references that only an 80 year old would get (Gracy Fields/Les Dawson/Steptoe aren't exactly contemporary so why do you keep going on about them?). A Gala bingo caller that got lucky

End of on the bench rant
                    His sister's quite fit though
                    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                      We're not so sure!

The funeral may have been a cover up
                      I know but to name ME as the most odious person in the world is quite ridiculous. Most odious poster on this board-possibly but world-I think not!

Comment

Working...
                      X