• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

city types !?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bod View Post
    They have canned a couple of big IT projects in the last few days, but that's probably rife accross the FS industry ATM.

Give it 6 months, Mad Max scenario, I have a motorcycle and a shotgun and lots of fuel. Time to start buying tinned beans in bulk.

Where's NickyG when you need him ?
    What's been canned? In treasury? PM if you prefer.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I was at HBOS treasury for 6 months - I just asked my mate there who said all is fine.

I expect many more threads like this.

Of course make enough predictions and some well come try - but don't tell Nicky G that...
      Do I know you?

Also, I was approached by a pimp for a role at HBOS Treasury yesterday. It's possible something was canned if they're after my expertise again...
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Here's a little summary below, there was some sort of panic, I'm guessing we'll hear more on this one sooner rather than later but what do I know !?

""HBOS plummet drags FTSE lower

HBOS fell as much as 18 per cent in morning trade, dragging UK banks lower, wiping early gains on the blue-chip index. In a flurry of volatility centred on the stock, it hit a day-low of 398p, before bouncing back to trade 7.6 per cent lower at 443.7p.

HBOS spokesman Shane O’Riordain said the bank was able to access wholesale credit markets “whenever appropriate” and that it remained a diversified business with “an exceptionally strong balance sheet”.

Traders said the jitters followed renewed concern about the health of the UK banking sector.""

Comment

Wait for the next banking stock rally and then short the lot of them on a spreadbet.

They is going down big time and there's money to be made!

Comment

<back in 5 minutes>
            They told me BTL is cheap.

Comment

They told me BTL is cheap.
              Biomass To Liquid?

I agree, with oil going the way it is then synthesized bio fuel has a big future.

Thanks BP
              Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                What's been canned? In treasury? PM if you prefer.
                Sorry MM, don't have any specifics. An aquaintance of mine is a senior PM at Dean Clough and he's not a happy bunny at the moment, he won't elaborate but intimated that it would affect many of his colleagues. I beleive he's working on retail banking projects if that helps.
                Kneel before Bod

Comment

Originally posted by Bod View Post
                  Sorry MM, don't have any specifics. An aquaintance of mine is a senior PM at Dean Clough and he's not a happy bunny at the moment, he won't elaborate but intimated that it would affect many of his colleagues. I beleive he's working on retail banking projects if that helps.
                  Fair enough, I know a lot of the lads at Treasury - I'll see if they are spilling any beans...

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                    Biomass To Liquid?

I agree, with oil going the way it is then synthesized bio fuel has a big future.

Thanks BP
                    Well I did try! Maybe I should have dressed as Batman and climbed on the roof...

Comment

Well I did try! Maybe I should have dressed as Batman and climbed on the roof...
                      not again

Comment

Working...
                      X