• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ATW's 10 points plan to solve the global financial crisis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Do you think that a world-wide recession will NOT affect the market for your (non-essential) goods and services?
    'tard, I am actually very clear very it all leads - that's why I have created a short but effective plan how to deal with the root cause of the crisis - speculation and short term thinking that is going to destroy the West.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Sometimes, if you prepare and have a plan, a crash is a great way of moving up the wealth ladder.

Not everyone suffers in a downturn.
      Just like catching a falling knife.

Possible, but very risky.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        'tard, I am actually very clear very it all leads - that's why I have created a short but effective plan how to deal with the root cause of the crisis - speculation and short term thinking that is going to destroy the West.
        Well that's all very clear then.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

In your economics classes didn't you learn that western prosperity is built on speculation and loans, and short-term thinking? (As Maynard Keynes said "In the long run we're all dead".)

Abolishing personal debt would take us back to the middle ages. Providing you have some practical way to repay it on the agreed terms, and put the borrowed money to good use if you rely on profits from it to repay the debt, there's nothing wrong with getting a loan and a lot right!
          Last edited by Marina; 17 March 2008, 16:39.

Comment

FFS Why do all these assorted crazies: Islamicists, Russian Commies, Somali warlords etc think that the policies that have so failed in their countries need to be applied here?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

You want to bet on that and make a quick buck?

Comment

Originally posted by Marina View Post
                In your economics classes didn't you learn that western prosperity is built on speculation and loans, and short-term thinking? (As Maynard Keynes said "In the long run we're all dead".)
                No. Western prosperity was build on freedoms that allowed industrial revolution to take place - clever machines that were worth a lot of money, that's what made the West so influential and successful.

Debt is a big step backwards - it is a short term solution that will blow in your face fairly quickly. This is what lead to outsourcing to China, India etc - this kind of behavior should have been limited in the first place, especially providing backwards countries with advanced weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  FFS Why do all these assorted crazies: Islamicists, Russian Commies, Somali warlords etc think that the policies that have so failed in their countries need to be applied here?
                  Do you accept arguement that monopolies (or price fixing agreements) should be regulated as otherwise they will act against interests of consumers? Yes or No.

Comment

Do you accept arguement that monopolies (or price fixing agreements) should be regulated as otherwise they will act against interests of consumers? Yes or No.
                    No.

Monopolies generally work in favour of the consumer A FACT!

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                      No.
                      It turns out USA disagrees - they sure have had the most free market environment as it gets (Wild West etc) - anti-monopoly laws date back almost a century in the USA now, it's a fact of the matter that regulation of monopolies is essential to ensure free market actually exists - otherwise monopolies turn out this market into anything but free.

But of course you and sadguru are okay with monopolies being "free" to stiffle competition in this "free" market? Yes or No.

Comment

Working...
                      X