• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rumour mill churning overtime in the City ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Hmmmm, part of the Carlyle Group...

Cue conspiracy theorists!!!

Oi NickyG!!!
    I like the way it's partof the Carlyle Group, the hedge fund/private equity boys are pretty smart and will personally be sitting pretty no matter how bad it gets. The one I'm looking forward to is a big private equity 'owned' Co getting in the tulip when it can't refinance the massive debt it has been saddled with. The initial stakes and a healthy profit have long since been extracted and left as debt on the company books.

Comment

Deleted
      Last edited by sasguru; 13 March 2008, 15:11.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Evidently Sprogit and Silvester are dodgy (up to their eyes in it) and so is the Micelandic Bank (Micesave in the UK).

You have been warned.
        Last edited by DimPrawn; 13 March 2008, 15:30.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Deleted
          ?
          now i'm curious!
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Evidently * & *are dodgy (up to their eyes in it) and so is the Icelandic Bank (* in the UK).

You have been warned.
            *! I've got some in there because of the interest rate. The rumours have been around a while and I read up on it and was reassured but maybe I should revisit. The whole of Iceland sounds like they are upto their eyes in it but that particular bank ( it's parent bank ) isn't the worst culprit.

I also wisely invested my daughters Child Trust Fund in *&* on advice from a mate who manages a very big City fund , luckily you can't put much in. It was 40% up at one stage !
            Last edited by ferret; 13 March 2008, 15:46. Reason: Names removed

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Evidently ** are dodgy (up to their eyes in it) and so is the **(** in the UK).

You have been warned.
              DP I would strongly advise you to delete named references in your post above. Could be construed as slander.
              Last edited by sasguru; 13 March 2008, 15:25.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                ?
                now i'm curious!
                Don't worry about it, sg is probably just having his afternoon nap. It comes with age and will one day afflict us all. In the meantime just let the old codger have his snooze and be glad you cannot see him slobbering down his tweed jacket like a poacher's dog.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

As long as the city firms invest wisely in their risk systems it will be fine...

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Don't worry about it, sg is probably just having his afternoon nap. It comes with age and will one day afflict us all. In the meantime just let the old codger have his snooze and be glad you cannot see him slobbering down his tweed jacket like a poacher's dog.
                    You're on good form today SB.

Lucky nobody can see the coffee I've slobbered down my dark dress laughing at your posts

Comment

Originally posted by Marina View Post
                      You're on good form today SB.

Lucky nobody can see the coffee I've slobbered down my dark dress laughing at your posts
                      Don't worry, you get used to laughing at his posts after a while.

Comment

Working...
                      X