• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC Clearnance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chef View Post
    has anybody ever heard of people failing a security clearance?
    I know of someone who failed DV clearance, but don't know the details.

Originally posted by chef View Post
    just asking as im about to go through applying,

I defaulted on a loan during a bank account move 4 years ago and the Direct debit wasnt moved over, that and my credit score wasnt the best in the world during student years but its all cleared up and paid off now, have never been bankrupt, have the usual (well not so unsual) few points on my licence but other than that nothing i can think of that may red flag things so am fairly confident but thought id check with the masses first.
    The key thing is to tell them about it. If you tell them about things, then they may take it into account, but probably won't. If you don't tell them, and they find out, then you will never get clearance - they are more worried about you being a potential target of blackmail than what you did wrong (assuming it's not a conviction for terroism / treason etc. )
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Yep, no. 1 rule for clearance processes is "do not lie!" about anything. Doesn't matter what debts or problems you've had in the past just don't try to cover it up.

If you're going for DV you can bet your life they know more about yourself than you do......

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        I've heard of someone failing DV, the guy in question said it was because he had a German wife but I find that hard to believe, I'm not sure if they disclose the reason if you fail?
        For a German wife, that would be unusual, but plausible, now if it was a French wife, and if he'd passed, it'd be the first I'd heard of...

If they really want you, they'll find ways to let you know what you did wrong so you can correct it, i.e. they'll mention it in passing to your best mate, or if you're an ex-con, and haven't fessed up to all your crimes, they'll often tell your parole officer (and he'll <cough>pass the info on<cough>), that kind of thing.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Eads

Hello Guys,

Just got a contract work with EADS in Newport. Will like to know wat kind of security clearance they do. Was told to send my passport and a utility bill to them. tanx

Comment

Originally posted by izu30 View Post
            Hello Guys,

Just got a contract work with EADS in Newport. Will like to know wat kind of security clearance they do. Was told to send my passport and a utility bill to them. tanx
            That's not clearance, that's just making sure you're eligible to work in the UK.

HTH
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyg View Post
              "SC Clearnance"
              "Clear Nance"?

I don't think the MOD discriminates in that way any more.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by izu30 View Post
                Hello Guys,

It depends which department you're in.

You'll notice that EADS actually print your level of clearance on your ID badge.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                  That's not clearance, that's just making sure you're eligible to work in the UK.

HTH
                  Basic Clearance can be performed by the EADS security officer on those two pieces of ID.

Then depending on what you are working on you'll complete the relevant forms - CTC, SC etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X