• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House Prices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Thanks

Yeah I want to be in the 0207 area - 0208 is for plebs

The actual area code for London is 020.

Plus nice areas like Brixton have an 020 7xxx xxxx number while horrible places like Ealing have 020 8xxx xxxx numbers.

Also newly assigned London numbers can begin with 020 3xxx xxxx.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 12 March 2008, 17:02. Reason: grammer
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      The actual area code for London is 020.

Plus nice areas like Brixton have an 020 7xxx xxxx number while horrible places like Ealing have 020 8xxx xxxx numbers.

Also newly assigned London numbers can begin with 020 3xxx xxxx.

You do have a point - uch Brixton!
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

02 = 2nd class

I'm 01 actually

South wales and the gateway to paradise.

That's why we charge you lot to come in
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          02 = 2nd class

I'm 01 actually

South wales and the gateway to paradise.

That's why we charge you lot to come in
          I'm still waiting for both of those tickets I got from the Severn Bridge...
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I'm still waiting for both of those tickets I got from the Severn Bridge...
            Were waiting for the interest to rack up a bit first

Comment

There's a nice bungalow just 100yds down the road from me.
              huge grounds, massive detached garage. only £240,000.

The 240k is probably only for the garage.

Unless you're up north where bungalows go for more than 4 bed detached houses because it's usually a captive (largely immobile) audience that go for bungalows.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Were waiting for the interest to rack up a bit first
                I'll have moved into that bugalow by then so you'll have to find me

Oh hang on...

Comment

You do have a point - uch Brixton!
                  It's up and coming.

It's got great clubs (as long as you don't annoy the bouncers otherwise they may try and kill you with the club manager) , great transport links (except they have to keep closing the Victoria line for maintenance then you have to get on the bus) and it's close to central London.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    It's up and coming.

It's got great clubs (as long as you don't annoy the bouncers otherwise they may try and kill you with the club manager) , great transport links (except they have to keep closing the Victoria line for maintenance then you have to get on the bus) and it's close to central London.

I had a stint living in Cold Harbour lane when I was a young street urchin, quite fun it was actually.

Been for a few good nights out there as well, I remember when the whole Jazzy B/Soul 2 Soul thing was going on down there (The Fridge?).

Great for a night out, not sure to live though. Hmm maybe a good BTL area if it's up and coming.

It reminds me a bit of Shepherds Bush but on crack....

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                      The 240k is probably only for the garage.

Unless you're up north where bungalows go for more than 4 bed detached houses because it's usually a captive (largely immobile) audience that go for bungalows.
                      South Wales.

I was going to buy it but it's too small for my requirements.

Comment

Working...
                      X