• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jealous haters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I guess having the personalised plate TAX 3 doesn't help matters.

i'm considering this one
    http://www.dvlaregistrations.co.uk/h...6+TAX&m=2&v=56
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      I went for HRMC R MONGS myself.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Shame this is invalid.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          I guess having the personalised plate TAX 3 doesn't help matters.

I saw a taxi today with the numberplate KAB 8Y
          Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Surely it should be S660 TAX
            Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
              Surely it should be S660 TAX
              666 = the devils number
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

I have a personalized No on my truck.

Shame it came with the truck and relates in no way to me really
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by DieScum View Post
                  So as IT bods we all bring home a decent amount.

Do you ever get anyone being jealous?
                  OMG YES! One of the reasons I left the UK. Constant low level stuff like cars getting scratched when parked outside, all the way through to some nasty b1tch deliberately trying to fsck up a project to make me look bad.

In Denmark if they're jealous mostly they just shun you, like if you don't exist then there is nothing for them to be jealous off. Which suits me. I think they even have a word for it: "jantelov", comes across as quite child-like peculiar behaviour until you find out what is going on between some people (oh he doesn't talk to him because he owns his house and the other rents a flat).
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                    OMG YES! One of the reasons I left the UK. Constant low level stuff like cars getting scratched when parked outside, all the way through to some nasty b1tch deliberately trying to fsck up a project to make me look bad.

In Denmark if they're jealous mostly they just shun you, like if you don't exist then there is nothing for them to be jealous off. Which suits me. I think they even have a word for it: "jantelov", comes across as quite child-like peculiar behaviour until you find out what is going on between some people (oh he doesn't talk to him because he owns his house and the other rents a flat).
                    Blimey that's interesting. I thought that the scandies were mostly all very grown up and sorted.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post

Didn't you tell us a month or two back that lots of Danish drivers try and knock you off your bike because they're so jealous of someone with such a fine machine compared with their carpy cars.

I seem to recall you said one drove half way across a field to try and get you, and you had to vault over a fence to get away nearly diving headlong into a canal in the process.

Or am I thinking of someone else?

Comment

Working...
                      X