• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

drink drive London trains etc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    No NO NO.

Licensed mini cabs are your best option. Never get in a moody cab.
    ?
    I know, but when you've had a skin full and the last train is leaving in 15 mins, you tend to go against better judgement. Obviously not being a bird, my personal safety rarely comes into it on a night out.

There was a plan to open the tube later (and start later the next day) on Friday and Saturday nights - did this happens?
    Hope so. Not been in central london for over a year so I can't say.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
      We're stuck with the faqqers.
      Nothing to do with me, squire!
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

No NO NO.

Licensed mini cabs are your best option. Never get in a moody cab.

There was a plan to open the tube later (and start later the next day) on Friday and Saturday nights - did this happens?
        Nope.

Due to the way the tube was privatised and the large amount of maintenance needed it was found not to be a viable option at the moment. Even though they managed to get the unions on side. Instead they have made more buses run for 24 hours which is good unless you live on the outskirts of London or go out the other side of London from where you live.

I hate black cab drivers.....where ever you live in London unless it's less than 7 miles away they won't take you home at night. And they fought to stop other cab companies who would take you home being licensed ....
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          I hate black cab drivers.....where ever you live in London unless it's less than 7 miles away they won't take you home at night. And they fought to stop other cab companies who would take you home being licensed ....

So you have to get the black cabs to take you to a 24 hour taxi shop 6.9 miles away? Sounds like a plan B to provide info where these taxi shops are.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
            There are these great inventions called train timetables. They're quite recent I think... you can look up (in advance!) what times the trains depart and arrive. I think you can even see them on that internet thing.

HTH
            Good point Mr Robin.

Also, I hear that there are other great innovations called 'hotels' which are a bit like being at home without actually having to go there.

We truly live in an age of marvels!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
            X