• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do I really need to give this info??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it ok to black out the sensitive stuff, such as items on a bank statement or photo on a passport then?
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

That’s probably the best approach I'll either not give them certain things or say I will and then let them chase me if they want them.

The main thing that concerns me is the ID and the bank details.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
        Is it ok to black out the sensitive stuff, such as items on a bank statement or photo on a passport then?
        Photoshop can do you a bit better than that

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          Photoshop can do you a bit better than that
          Ahh, I see. Change some of the details so they're totally invalid in the wrong hands. The agents can't check most of the stuff anyway.

Just remember not to change the bank account details if you're hoping to get bacs payments!
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
            I did with the passport - just blocked out anything that might be relevant / useful. If they want to come to work and see a copy of it, then the can, but they're not getting a copy via email.

Alternatively, send them a fax that is such bad quality that they won't be able to read it anyway.

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
            That’s probably the best approach I'll either not give them certain things or say I will and then let them chase me if they want them.

The main thing that concerns me is the ID and the bank details.
            That's another approach I adopt - just send me an email with what you need from me, and I'll get back to you. Then never do - seems to work for them regarding responding to applications...
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              I did with the passport - just blocked out anything that might be relevant / useful. If they want to come to work and see a copy of it, then the can, but they're not getting a copy via email.

Alternatively, send them a fax that is such bad quality that they won't be able to read it anyway.

That's another approach I adopt - just send me an email with what you need from me, and I'll get back to you. Then never do - seems to work for them regarding responding to applications...
              Exactly the sort of responses I've had ove the last few weeks "Yes you seem to be a good candidate I'll get back to you.... Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep"

Just going to concentrate on getting the gig now... Fingers crossed..

Comment

Working...
              X