• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have your say - What would you like to see in Budget 2008?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    And when their benefits are zero then what, genius?

Bring back the workhouse? Euthanasia?
    Option two sounds good.

I think the front line in Afghanistan after their benefits run out.
    Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Sometimes I forget how judgemental some of the people on this site are
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        Sometimes I forget how judgemental some of the people on this site are
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Love this comment from the beeb site:

What would I like to see? A Budget as black and white as the chancellor's hair and eyebrows.
          Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

You have a CHOICE whether to be single or not, or whether to have kids or not.

BTW I am not pleading my own case as I am married with kids.
            Yes, but what is the argument for giving some kind of extra allowance to someone just because they are single? Being married doesn't incur any extra allowance, unless you include the inheritance situation, which is unfair I agree.

Having kids is a choice, but it's also kind of a requirement for any country's survival to breed future generations. Education is paid for (with many hidden extras having to come from the parents' pocket of course), and you get a family allowance/child benefit which is not to be turned down, but doesn't add up to much (£18.10 a week for eldest child, £12.10 a week for subsequent children). So, although it's a choice, it's to the benefit of the country, and it's not financially beneficial to the people having the children.

Single people with no kids are hugely better off, and someone else is doing the work towards securing their state pensions and the future of their country.

Comment

The government should put a punitive tax on having children, which can then be used to fund more immigrants.

Sorteeeeeed.

Comment

I'm dreading this budget. Has everyone got the KY ready?
                We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
                - Douglas Adams

Comment

And when their benefits are zero then what, genius?

Bring back the workhouse? Euthanasia?

ohh let me think, and I might be being really radical here but maybe, just maybe they should get a job like the rest of us.

Benefits are a safety net not a way of life.

Comment

Working...
                  X