• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have your say - What would you like to see in Budget 2008?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've often wondered just how these people get called hard working - the people who seem to do best out of New Labour are those whoc don't actually work
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
      I've often wondered just how these people get called hard working - the people who seem to do best out of New Labour are those whoc don't actually work
      I think they mean 'Hard-Scrounging' Families.

For goodness sake. How could anyone who is really hard-working or even slightly ambitious vote for the Labour party?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
        By not having to pish a disproportionately large chunk of your earnings away in tax to support the non-working, many-offspringed loungers and idlers who this government bends over backwards to encourage.
        Married, working people with lots of kids also have to pish a disproportionately large chunk of their earnings away in tax though. Without the benefits of being single and having no kids. Maybe you want a free taxi home from the nightclub or something?

Comment

People earning over 200k to pay 40% tax

everyone else 20% flat

Those who can work but won't to have their benefits cut by 10% a month after 6 months.

Complete overhaul of the welfare state so there is no possible situation where someone can be better off scrounging than working.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
            Married, working people with lots of kids also have to pish a disproportionately large chunk of their earnings away in tax though. Without the benefits of being single and having no kids. Maybe you want a free taxi home from the nightclub or something?
            You have a CHOICE whether to be single or not, or whether to have kids or not.

BTW I am not pleading my own case as I am married with kids.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
              Those who can work but won't to have their benefits cut by 10% a month after 6 months.
              And when their benefits are zero then what, genius?

Bring back the workhouse? Euthanasia?

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
                People earning over 200k to pay 40% tax

everyone else 20% flat

Complete overhaul of the welfare state so there is no possible situation where someone can be better off scrounging than working.
                15%
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

1/ 15k tax free allowance, to help encourage people off benefits
                  2/ Removal of family allowance, money diverted to pensioners
                  3/ State pension increased to minimum wage level.
                  4/ VAT rebate for pensioners
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    Is that 'coz you is old?

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      I'll go for that.

Where do I sign up!
                      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                      X