• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Council tax bill

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    For 50 a week I'd buy a Passat to take my rubbish to the tip in
    So that is what you think your council tax is for?

Oh dear!

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by shelby68 View Post
      What were your bills last year? i.e. how much have they gone up by, my last year bill was 1300 not seen this years yet.

Mean has increased 13.4% from last year!!!!
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

1.9% increase here.
        It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

you lot need to stop being so selfish and think about the good your council tax is doing for those less fortunate

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Chantho View Post
            Arrived here yesterday, £2300 or maybe
            Crumbs! mine's only half that, but then I live in a council that's been Tory since the year dot.

In fact I looked it up in the Domesday book:

Kensington and Chelsea

Held by William Fitz Tory.

Ten hides of land, five cows, two pigs, and a goat.

Held by Egbert the Tory in the Confessor's time
            Not much point in voting UKIP there then

Comment

Up 2.7% - but mainly because the Lancs. Constabulatory raised there share by 7%.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Band E for me in Bracknell is 1,561.68 for a 4 Bed detached, excluding my 25% single person discount(s/b 1170.75 net). That's a rise of 4.9%.
                Worth remembering that an estimated 25% of everybody's council tax goes towards local authority pensions!!

Incidentally, I pulled out my old community charge/poll tax bill for this same property in 1992 and it was 260.37 !! I still strongly believe that that was the fairest way to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post

Incidentally, I pulled out my old community charge/poll tax bill for this same property in 1992 and it was 260.37 !! I still strongly believe that that was the fairest way to pay.

It's only fair if you are not supporting a family which includes a non-working wife and grown up children who are students.

Every way you tax people someone loses out.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

What's a Council Tax bill?

tim

Comment

Got mine today... £981.42.

Do I win a prize?
                      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                      X