• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Seriously doomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    sounds like now would be a good time to:

. have no mortgage and own your house - done

. have no debt - done

. have cash - done

etc

next step, how to achieve that

Milan.
    HTH

PS. Where is the self serving, smug bastard emoticon?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Buy what?
      my house

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        my house
        I'm selling all my property.

Comment

"The extent of de-leveraging involves a wholesale destruction of credit. The risk is that the 'shadow banking system' completely collapses," he said.

For the first time since this Greek tragedy began, I am now really frightened.

Im sinking in the quicksand of my Thoughts -
          And I aint got the power - any more

Comment

Please tell me the realistic worst case scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              I'm selling all my property.
              I'll have one, to save you the bother of leaving it on the market for 18 months just get it valued by 3 independent estate agents, I'll give you 20% of the average valuation. Does that sound fair?
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Hence why Gold and Silver are going stratospheric in price.

Banking sector stocks? Good luck. I'll be surprised if any of the banks that exist now exist in 5 years time.

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
                  You lose your job. -> You lose you house (can't pay mortgage) -> you become a chav.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
                    New Labour get voted back in. It don't get much worse than that.

Comment

ooops...

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5...QNgHwiboHTlk_A

'Global banking giant [MILAN SAYS CAN YOU GUESS WHICH ONE] said Monday it had to take a massive 17 billion dollar hit on its exposure to the collapsing US housing market and resulting global credit crunch last year but it still managed a record net profit.
                      '

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X