• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paris Restaurants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go get a kebab on Rue St Denis - not usually many tourists down that way.

Comment

The restaurant at the top of the tower - Jules Verne - was pretty good the last time I used it (a couple of years ago). It's hard to get a table though.

The bistro up there is absolutle tulipe though.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I ate at Petit Zinc a couple of years ago - it was OK but I preferred La Coupole. I was looking for places less tramelled by the tourist route if possible.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Take the Metro to Toledo - from there you have a fantastic view of the Eifell Tower and the Seine - there are about 4 great bristos there. Also - a secret location favoured by the Parisians -there is a bistro with garden around the back of the Mankind Museum - there you can have the best of views of Paris with good food and gardens to boot - fairly priced too - one of the best in Paris IMHO

17, place du Trocadero
          Paris 75116 France
          +33 1 47 27 28 29
          Open Hours
          noon-2a M-Su

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguid...tem_le_paris-i
          Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 3 March 2008, 12:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            Thanks for the suggestions. I ate at Petit Zinc a couple of years ago - it was OK but I preferred La Coupole. I was looking for places less tramelled by the tourist route if possible.
            I liked: Les petitis Bofinger, 10 pl Mar Juin. 75017 (Metro/RER is Pereire) It might be a bit out of the way for where you are staying though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              Only eaten there once and it was excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
                I liked: Les petitis Bofinger, 10 pl Mar Juin. 75017 (Metro/RER is Pereire) It might be a bit out of the way for where you are staying though.
                Bofinger is owned by the same people as La Coupole and Terminus Nord. I might well give it a go. Ta.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

When in Paris you ought to eat at the small restaurants patronised by the locals not overpriced gastrofactories. Just go where there are no English voices to be heard
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Taillevent, though its recently lost its third star, not that it really matters

Comment

I'll take her.

Problem solved.

Comment

Working...
                      X