• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Noise in Hotels

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No thanks

Most so-called 'serviced' appartments are sub-standard and for long-term lets only.
    Average contractor wants to fly/drive to work first thing on Monday then check-in Mon afternoon and check out again Fri morning before he goes to work (and back home). So 4 nts @ max. £ 40 p/n at a Travelodge/TravelInn/decent B&B = £ 160 a week. A serviced appartment will cost a lot more, plus there is no one to clean/tidy the room or anyone to complain when things go wrong (from my experience)
    Last edited by Dow Jones; 28 February 2008, 11:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
      Most so-called 'serviced' appartments are sub-standard and for long-term lets only.
      Average contractor wants to fly/drive to work first thing on Monday then check-in Mon afternoon and check out again Fri morning before he goes to work (and back home). So 4 nts @ max. £ 40 p/n at a Travelodge/TravelInn/decent B&B = £ 1600 a week. A servived appartment will cost a lot more, plus there is no one to clean/tidy the room or anyone to complain when things go wrong (from my experience)
      £160 per week

Comment

I'm currently staying in a hotel / serviced apartment which is pretty good. I pay €930 (of which around €170 is claimed back for MwSt - VAT) per month which includes underground parking. I have a small kitchenette as there is not too much near for eating (a Biergarten next door is about it) and find it very convienient for when me and the missus have an argument at the weekend as I can just bugger off there. There is not too much noise, only when there's a trade fair on in nearby Stuttgart but even then its not too bad.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          This has happened to me a number of times while I'm staying in small hotels by myself and I'm starting to think its a conspiracy...
          That's 'coz you is ugly!

hth.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            That's 'coz you is ugly!

hth.
            Jealous?
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
            X