• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Too true. Now if I had a villa in somewhere like Cyprus I'd be worried.
    I'm amazed at the number of buyers. Looks like the doom certainly hasn't reached the Eastern Med. Lots of fed up Brits looking to live somewhere warm with very low tax levels, well away for Gordon.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Lots of fed up Brits looking to live somewhere warm with very low tax levels, well away for Gordon.
      It all sounds good and well initially but then what happens when the money runs out.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...g-blighty.html

Comment

It all sounds good and well initially but then what happens when the money runs out.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...g-blighty.html
        You sell time on sun-loungers on the beach to bikini clad beauties.

Comment

Is an auction a fair reflection though? Never been to a house auction but aren't those mostly reposessions and hence they always go for much less than the asking price?
          At the auctions property had been going for well over guide price due to all the mug novice punters hoping to BTL. Many cities now are flooded with new build BTL, hence why so many of them are now reapearing and failing to get much over the guide price if that.

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
          There has been that much BTL/investor money out there that the prices at auctions have been similar to negotiated sale stuff. Infact on some of the lower end terrace property you might even of paid more !
          That's been my experience until the last few months
          Last edited by Bagpuss; 26 February 2008, 15:38.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
            Its all the shoe shine boys getting in the on act.

You mean Nicky G is going to buy a house now?

Comment

Says who?
              Says me. I've been doing a bit of property wheeling and dealing the past few years and watching what things actually sell for on the land registry and following the auction results. I'm talking typical BTL stuff such as terraces Up Nth which is the bulk of the non commercial auction stock up here. The other stuff that comes to auction usually has something wrong with it that makes it difficult to sell via the normal mortgage/survey route so again auction gets the best price for the seller. A lot of the auction stock isn't repo. The purely repo auctions such as the Halifax one may be a bit different.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                Says me. I've been doing a bit of property wheeling and dealing the past few years and watching what things actually sell for on the land registry and following the auction results. I'm talking typical BTL stuff such as terraces Up Nth which is the bulk of the non commercial auction stock up here. The other stuff that comes to auction usually has something wrong with it that makes it difficult to sell via the normal mortgage/survey route so again auction gets the best price for the seller. A lot of the auction stock isn't repo. The purely repo auctions such as the Halifax one may be a bit different.
                It all makes sense now.

Comment

It's countrywide, the only place immune so far is London itself
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                  X