• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Birth Certificate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I went to obtain my new passport from the High Comission in Canada in 2003 , I took the old one with me - which had long ago expired in 1980ish. I no longer looked like the photos. To my surpise the smiley woman behind the glass accepted the passport as proof of my identity and three weeks later I had my new British Passport. My wife is rather suspicious.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

It is easy to get your (or anyone elses) Birth Certificate; you'll find family-tree-hunters at every registrars office when you visit. You might want to pay extra for it to be apostilised if you live abroad.

Anyone who hasn't had a 10 year British Passport before now needs to go for an interview as part of the application process (happened to my mother-in-law, late last year). The purpose is to 'answer questions that someone trying to gain your ID fraudulently wouldn't know the answer to.'

So whenever you talk about HMRC wanting the shirt off your back, the government already know what size it is
      Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

My passport runs out this year as well for the second time while living here and all I did was send the old one to the consulate in Dusseldorf with some wonga, waited a few weeks and a new one came back with the old one which had the corner cut off. Funnily enough while searching through my cellar I find one of those 1 year jobbies which was valid for when I moved here so I actually had 2 passports at the time. I believe there was a strike on at the passport office (strange that) so bought one over the counter at the post office just in case.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
        X