• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First Repossession by the Peoples' Bank

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kick him out.
    Auction his house off.
    There are plenty of people out there who are willing to pay.
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      Kick him out.
      Auction his house off.
      There are plenty of people out there who are willing to pay.
      I wonder how well you'd manage to pay your mortgage if you got kicked out of your job - or are you so special that you don't have to worry about getting another job.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
        I wonder how well you'd manage to pay your mortgage if you got kicked out of your job - or are you so special that you don't have to worry about getting another job.
        In days gone by, people had this novel concept called "saving", whereby they put part of their income into the bank every month to cover the times when things don't go to plan.

I feel sorry for the folk who slave away for 70 hours a week on minimum wage just to pay the mortgage; I feel less sorry for the idiots in good jobs who manage to spend all their income every month and then rack up credit card debt on top.

Comment

I don't have any mortgages on my properties

There is no reason to lose your home if you are out of work. our taxes pay for the governments housing benefits handout, that pays the interest on your mortgage while you are unemployed, it is up to you to renegotiate an interest only or extended mortgage that you can afford to cover.

Alternately, you take out insurance to cover the eventuality.

Comment

I'm speschal! I have a certificate to prove it and everyfink
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              I'm speschal! I have a certificate to prove it and everyfink
              You could certainly fall back on rustling up fried eggs in some greasy spoon. I'll have two too to go, and don't forget the ketchup, unless you only serve them with the chef's special, mayo.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                I don't have any mortgages on my properties
                Me neither.

Hey! Let's pull up the ladder Jack

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Me neither.

Careful, Captain Jack might take that as an invite.

Comment

Me neither.

I'm just waiting for all these cheap properties to flood the market

Comment

I don't have a mortgage either. No property!

I'm free to roam the world, I just choose not to for the moment.
                      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                      Feist - I Feel It All
                      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                      X