• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where to Live in Manchester/Cheshire

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about Moss-side, lovely there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
      What about Moss-side, lovely there.
      Perilously close to the scumbags, Man Ure.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
        Perilously close to the scumbags, Man Ure.
        It was closer to citeh, not the worst area any more especially since Hulme was made over
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          It was closer to citeh, not the worst area any more especially since Hulme was made over
          Hume won't be better until it's tarmacced(sp?) over!

Comment

Stretford? This is cheapish, handy for the Quays, and is also home to the Theatre of Sh1te. It's not actually in Manchester proper though and has the disadvantage of being invaded by loads of cockney pikey scum every other Sunday.
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
              Stretford? This is cheapish, handy for the Quays, and is also home to the Theatre of tulipe. It's not actually in Manchester proper though .
              In the same way that Westminster isn't in London? or the Vatican isn't in Rome?
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                Also, if you live in an apartment block, do you bother with curtains.
                In my book, curtains are there to stop the sun waking you up at 4 in the morning (OK, not today).

If I'm shown around some place with a trendy design not to have curtains, I walk straight out again

tim

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  In the same way that Westminster isn't in London? or the Vatican isn't in Rome?
                  When I was young and naive, the bint in the Italian tourist board got very angry with me and shouted "The Vatican is not in Rome" and refused to give me any information about it.

I think (still do) that this is a stupid attitude for a Tourist Information Office to take. Do they really think that Rome would have all the tourists that it does if the Vatican wasn't in the middle of it? Telling tourists that they are planning on going to the wrong town is silly.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
                    In my book, curtains are there to stop the sun waking you up at 4 in the morning (OK, not today).

If I'm shown around some place with a trendy design not to have curtains, I walk straight out again

tim
                    I suppose we have a different mind-set then!

I always laugh when watching Grand Designs where they have all those expanses of glass and no privacy from the outside world. The twitchers around their parts must get some very interesting sights.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Got to say I was very impressed with Manchester having not visited for many a year, its like a mini London now. Minus the stabbings I hope! Looking forward to living here for a few months, think Im going to live in the City. Thanks for your advice.

Comment

Working...
                      X