• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Norwich Union

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Well actually it is not. It is about one single employer dominating the workplace. NU are by far and away the largest Financial services company in Norwich. these sort of companies become victims of their dominance. OK they get a free run at all of the local population's brightest (which I grant is not many as most locals are related to each other).
    However because there are no competitor employers within commuting distance the workers tend to embed themselves into a culture of entitlement (to their jobs) protectionism and nepotism. In London or other big cities there is a constant churn of workers which is healthy for the workers themselves and the employers (and of course recruitment agents )
    The only relevant bit was the last five words.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      The only relevant bit was the last five words.
      You are thinking straight for once DP
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        you said her name ...

That's up there with saying "Candy man" three times, or posting a message linking to Ling's Cars.

We're all doomed.

[link to Ling's Cars website removed by moderator who wants an easy life]
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I think this thread has had its time and should be left to rest in peace

Ling was funny but agree with the mods, please don't bring her back again! Paddy - as for the banning being wrong please PM me if you honestly feel this needs discussion, happy to hear your point of view.

Comment

Working...
          X