• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grand Designs...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Cross his palm with silver... it works wonders around here...
    Build the thing anyway, then say "whoops!" and offer cash works round my parents way.

Or just appeal it - the council has to pay the costs of appeals whether they win or lose, which is the blackmail (sorry, argument) being put forward by my old school who were in danger of having their application turned down. "We don't want to appeal, as it will cost the council a lot of money, but..." works a treat.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      There was another farmer who built a house, got refused planning & buried it.

When they found out they made him dig it up & demolish it.
      I remember a bloke nearby who wanted to build a house and they refused planning permission so he built on stilts (only about 6 inches tall mind you) until the local council caved in
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        I remember a bloke nearby who wanted to build a house and they refused planning permission so he built on stilts (only about 6 inches tall mind you) until the local council caved in
        Not sure how stilts circumvent planning regs, but it's given me an idea:

If there's currently no need for planning permission to park a non permanent structure on your own land, why not levitate your newbuild on magnets using similar technology to those trains?

Are there any planning laws against living in a castle in the air?
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
          Are there any planning laws against living in a castle in the air?
          Gordon Brown built the economy on such principles!

Comment

Working...
          X