• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you won 1 million on the lottery, what would you spend it on?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Yes but if you use your winnings to promote your business then it will be generally concluded that it was the lottery win that allowed company to succeed.
    Oi Numpty!!! If you tick the "No Publicity" box, no-one would know!

How was your "English" grade?

Comment

Yes but if you use your winnings to promote your business then it will be generally concluded that it was the lottery win that allowed company to succeed.
      As opposed to say daddy's money, or a rich benefactors .. what's the difference?
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
        As opposed to say daddy's money, or a rich benefactors .. what's the difference?
        Are you trying to suggest something here?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Oi Numpty!!! If you tick the "No Publicity" box, no-one would know!
          How was your "English" grade?
          I would know, that's enough: after later success if it comes to light that you won lottery AND kept it secret the it would be even more obvious (even if untrue).

I have to say my school grade for English was not great - at some point I even gone down to C

Comment

Are you trying to suggest something here?
            Yes, that if it helps you succeed it's irrelevant where the funding came from (Unless it's illegally obtained, though that's debatable - in your home country say). IMHO.
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Nope.

If you had no idea of what to do in your business then you would use the money to employ the wrong people and pay for the wrong services so you would lose all the money and your business would go under.

If you had idea of what to do in your business then the money would help you.

People like Stelios and Branson came from well off families. They are still looked on as being successful even though they came from wealthy backgrounds.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                Yes, that if it helps you succeed it's irrelevant where the funding came from (Unless it's illegally obtained, though that's debatable - in your home country say). IMHO.
                Well, I think it matters - if rich dad puts young boy as Vice-President of his bank then it will be highly questionable whether the boy achieved it on his own, even if that was the case - that's why if the boy is really bright he should succeed in some other place. And if a pretty girl became Vice-President

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  People like Stelios and Branson came from well off families.
                  I don't like Stelios, but I like Branson - he might come from wealthy family but both are men of their own, I am pretty sure Branson would have made billions even if he was poor - he has got the right attitude.

Comment

Well, I think it matters - if rich dad puts young boy as Vice-President of his bank then it will be highly questionable whether the boy achieved it on his own, even if that was the case - that's why if the boy is really bright he should succeed in some other place. And if a pretty girl became Vice-President
                    That's the difference between the Murdochs and Branson/Stellios.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Nope.

If you had no idea of what to do in your business then you would use the money to employ the wrong people and pay for the wrong services so you would lose all the money and your business would go under.

If you had idea of what to do in your business then the money would help you.

People like Stelios and Branson came from well off families. They are still looked on as being successful even though they came from wealthy backgrounds.
                      Ah, that old VAT fraudster...

Comment

Working...
                      X