• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another interesting Telly programme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
    What a waste of time (to watch) and money (to make it)!
    ITV documentary. What were you expecting?
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      ITV documentary. What were you expecting?
      Haha. True true. BlasterBates, stop posting anything ITV related!
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Fortunately for the muppets who see cheap credit as endless, the BOE are letting them have a bit more rope by lowering interest rates. That's if the rate cuts get passed on to the public.

I suppose the advice for the ex-student who had loads of debt, and at his current payback rate of £71/month it would take over 20 years, is to go bankrupt if it's still that easy.

I wonder how bad bankruptcy really is if you are single, have your home mortaged to the hilt, and no kids. Why don't all the students do it upon leaving uni if it's all over after a year or two? I'll bet student loans are one thing exempt from bankruptcy status knowing our scheming government.
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
          I don't really understand the connection between introducing student loans and encouraging people to then go and borrow more money at a much higher rate, and with different payment terms. Plus, it was low interest rates set by the BoE that had more of an effect on people thinking they could afford lots of credit.

Personally, when I graduated with c£12k student loan debt I didn't think "I know, lets get more, because that's what I'm used to now!" .
          Really? I think you are in the minority, BICBVW

tim

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
            I'll bet student loans are one thing exempt from bankruptcy status knowing our scheming government.
            They are, because students did exactly what you suggested to avoid paying them back.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
              They are, because students did exactly what you suggested to avoid paying them back.

tim

Not suprised. They can't expect the educated to not at least try and use some of the loopholes the great unwashed love so much.

I suppose the solution is to refinance their student debt into a normal unsecured loan, then go bankrupt! There's always a way.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
                Really? I think you are in the minority, BICBVW

tim
                BICBVW?

Student loans are not like normal loans tho. You don't pay back anything until you earn over a certain amount, and if there is still a balance left by the time you get to 60 (or something like that) then it is written off. So someone likely to claim bankrupcy would not be paying off the student loan anyway - it's much more likely they would be struggling because of other loans

Comment

There is a young lad in the office I work in who is on about £18K and has loans of about £25K and is now borrowing more to go on holiday (£4K) and a new car (£15K) - mad as hell but the banks are madder lending him the money.
                  "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
                    all we saw was the unfortunate couple that lost their house (not the smartest people you may ever see), the former students complaining about the student loans and the yuppie guy that kept horses and borrowed loads to keep up with his lifestyle. That was it, unless I missed something.
                    You did... what about that blonde bint with 40 odd K's worth of debt?

She thought it was funny that she'd run up thousands on her boyfriends cards and that he was paying for it now she'd split up with him.

He must of been a complete moron for letting her do that in the first place though.
                    Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
                      He must of been a complete moron for letting her do that in the first place though.
                      thinking with his dick

Comment

Working...
                      X