• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Court Summons for Speeding

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    Bollocks AtW. points on your licence are points on your licence.
    No. There is distinction between the two, even though it is not apparent to most people. The Govt however sees it - for example when you apply for permanent resident you don't have to report fixed penalties (like parking tickets), but anything court endoursed should be reported.

Comment

Question for Atw.

Can a Lada do more than 30mph if it's not been pushed off a cliff?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Can a Lada do more than 30mph if it's not been pushed off a cliff?
        Lada is Fiat based - even though it has got a unique brand of local un-reliability due to creative workforce.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I got pulled in a 30mph zone a little while back, clocked at 37 according to the little hitler who jumped out and pointed the camera at me.

I still maintain I was doing less than 35, plus as far as I was concerned it was a 40, but a lack of signs, lights so far apart yada yada indicated it was 30.

Anyway, I argued the toss and said to them, fine, I challenge it and will see you in court. That was four months ago.

Summons, just arrived and court date is 11th Feb. They're bring two witnesses!!!! which will be fun as there was only one person there.

So anyone fought and one a courst case for speeding?
          I have. Same situation - caught doing 99mph on the motorway, come flying round the corner (late for work, new contract and stuck on M6 in gridlock for half an hour, when I hit the M69, I floored it). Cop zapped me with hand held gun, pulled over etc. 6 months later, a day before expiry and I get a summons to appear at court. Got 5 points (would have been 6 but I was 'honest' and just admitted it) and a £350 fine.

Comment

Working...
          X