• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's your youth cult?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who are you calling a cult?

70s fashion victim. Local discos in high waist trousers, tank top and wedge shoes.
    Then I grew up and went punk. Stayed there ever since attitude and philosophy wise though my taste in music is varied.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Got the tail end of punk, had a mohawk for a day till my mum kicked me out of the house.

All the sh!te in between I hated, 80's was awful with a few exceptions (Hip hop, early indie).

Then raver. Never looked back.
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

mid 80's rocker with sleeveless denim jacket with hand-sown patches (Slayer, Metallica, Iron Maiden) and black leather trousers or blue jeans. Short hair.

Went more new wave and goth at the end of the 80's.

Then came "house music", so I skipped that era...then new goth, industrial, ebm emerged and that's where I stayed.

The Mission are playing in London in March btw...
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          Greaser and proud of it
          Wot 'e said!

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
            Too young for punk, too old for the late 80s bollocks.

No wonder no-one missed me when I withdrew to become a full-blown computer geek. I was born Mr Invisible. At least no-one can steal my identity, I haven't got one.

I haven't got an identity either.....
            It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
              I was into the late 80s Glam Rock that was (sort of) popular at the time.

Earrings, bracelets, dog-tags, makeup. Drainpipe jeans, paisley head scarves around my neck.

<SHUDDERS>

You where a Boy George look-a-like.

I was too young in the 80's........
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

70s fashion victim. Local discos in high waist trousers, tank top and wedge shoes.
                Then I grew up and went punk. Stayed there ever since attitude and philosophy wise though my taste in music is varied.

What he said, then disco, funk, rave, acid house, garage, madchester, new MOR (kooks, feeling etc).

Now, comfy trousers and baldy head "turn that down" stylee.

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
                  What he said, then disco, funk, rave, acid house, garage, madchester, new MOR (kooks, feeling etc).

Now, comfy trousers and baldy head "turn that down" stylee.
                  I still have spiked hair and attend one live gig a week thanks to my local boozer.

Kooks are playing morecambe soon, sold out though. Will have to have a chat with the support to see if they can get me in.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                    Got the tail end of punk, had a mohawk for a day till my mum kicked me out of the house.

All the sh!te in between I hated, 80's was awful with a few exceptions (Hip hop, early indie).

Then raver. Never looked back.
                    As above, with a side order of anarcho-punk CRASS fan.

I believe my twenty year old self would be calling me a sell-out

Comment

Working...
                    X