• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgages in this crunchy environment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peter Loew View Post
    COB? yeah just checked now, they're all 0.6X% above BoE. Terrible.
    Close of Business

The rates on the site aren't necessarily the rates they offer to contractors

Speak to Contractor Money - they can secure some good rates
    Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by 51st State View Post
      I've got my FA looking at mortgages for me at the moment, so the thread is of interest. What sort of "deal" re. salary/dividends and the general contractor gig did they give?

I'm pretty new to the contract game and the missus is nagging - er suggesting - that we should spend on a bigger pad, wouldn't ya know!

Cheers
      A quick illustration would be that they ask for your day rate, and then work out the average salary it equates to, then do the multiples (x4) to get the approx amount you can borrow. They don't care about how you pay yourself (e.g. divs / salary etc.) they care about what goes into your business bank account and your personal bank account.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
        Close of Business

The rates on the site aren't necessarily the rates they offer to contractors

Speak to Contractor Money - they can secure some good rates
        Just did. They're going to send me some info. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
        X