• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paris

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat View Post
    The Francilienne? Not jammed like the M25 though.
    - looking at it some more I believe it is the A86 -M25 is Ok as long as you know when to use it The A86 is mostly precast concrete sections (the noisy type) too many poorly signposted intersections and overall lack of directional signposting .. suppose it's OK if you're a local but I see it as a hideous game the French play with tourists
    Last edited by Troll; 21 January 2008, 11:27.
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      The Francilienne ... too many poorly signposted intersections and overall lack of directional signposting ..
      But Monsieur, it is French....

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          But Monsieur, it is French....
          As much of a pain in the arse it is to be a non French speaker in Paris I do admire their stubborn attitude towards foreigners.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Rue de Lappe. Good nightlife down that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
              I'm going to Paris for Easter and a few days, can anyone please suggest which district to stay in, I get very confused...

Thanks
              L
              I would suggest a quick stay in the Hilton. Many people have done it and the general consensus is that it was good fun if nothing else. Would also give you bragging rights with your freinds if you're into that sort of thing...

Comment

You didn't ask for restaurants, but I'm definately going back to 'La Brasserie LIPP' at some point.

Also another one, named after a woman's name begining with M I think. Damn, can't remember what but I remember where it is - off of a road from the Arc de Triomphe.

Comment

I stayed at the Hotel Cluney while working in Paris a few years back. It's about 200 metres South of Notre Dame, and was a very nice, friendly hotel, in an area full of bars and restaurants.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
                    I would suggest a quick stay in the Hilton. Many people have done it and the general consensus is that it was good fun if nothing else. Would also give you bragging rights with your freinds if you're into that sort of thing...

Plus if you capture it on film you can make a mint in the process
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                      Plus if you capture it on film you can make a mint in the process

Comment

Working...
                      X