• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Only Positive Thoughts!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2uk View Post
    Atw , the squirrel is kinda spooky on this pic , are you sure it is not waiting for the appropriate moment to cut you throat ?
    It was not me who was holding the camera

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      It was not me who was holding the camera
      You mean there is more than one squirrel lover in the world?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        You mean there is more than one squirrel lover in the world?
        No, I mean I have got friends, honest

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          No, I mean I have got friends, honest
          So this squirrel I mean is it not scared of you ? Does it allow you to touch it ? Be honest , how serious things are ?

Comment

This squirrel and others were watching my friends who came to make photoes, they were not squirrel lovers before but they are now

A couple of my squirrels allow me to touch them - one lets me stroke bushy tail a bit, won't say he is happy, but he tolerates it, in other cases I usually use this trick - I cut off little finger in the glove, so when squirrels jump on my hand I can stroke their belly - very warm and pleasant to touch

See the movie in case you have not seen it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6NLIappNGs

Comment

In touch with nature then, well done AtW
              There is a squirrel in the trees at the rear of my new house, possibly two but I can't be sure as yet.
              will keep you posted
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
                Anyone been involved in a project where you were not allowed to say anything negative about the project? That if you did you would be perceived as not towing the party line?

I have and just can't understand why someone would encourage this sort of environment??
                Abso-frigging-lutely. Last client site.

Programme Manager: "... and we don't want any mistakes like that last time."

Me: "What was that?"

<everyone in the room goes rock solid and glazed expression>

Programme Manager: "Pardon?"

Me: "What was the nature of what went wrong, how was it caused, what lessons were learned and what is the strategy for avoidi..."

Programme Manager: "WE WILL NOT MAKE THAT MISTAKE AGAIN."

Me: "But..."

Programme Manager: "WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT THAT PROJECT."

That was the start of the end of that professional relationship.

Whatever the balls-up was (nobody ever would tell me), it got her promoted from Project Manager to Programme Manager so her strategy clearly worked.

- - - - - - - -

From a professional project management perspective, such behaviour is about as bad as it gets. In the case of big government projects being in a state of constant denial (eg NPfIT) it is downright criminal, IMHO.
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Working...
                X