• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Newcastle manager!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    It will be interesting to see how much money he has to spend, because without it Newcastle won't be playing free flowing attacking football.

I can't see him turning Alan Smith, Nicky Butt, Joey Barton into sexy footballers in the Ginola mode ?
    Mmmmmmm Ginola

And Viduka is no Andy Cole/Shearer/Ferdinand etc...
    No, but Martins is.

Best of luck, but I think this decision wasn't made with the head.
    Only time will tell.

He record of buying strikers at Man City was awful, so I think you are going to have to rely on Mr Me Me Me (Owen).
    I wish that **** would just **** off and die quite honestly.
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Owen is only interested in 4 things, and probably in this order -

1. Himself.
      2. England
      3. Race horses
      4. Club team
      I doubt "Club Team" is even 4th.

I couldn't argue with your 1-3 though - spot on.
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

We have a lot in common

Not a Newcastle fan, but amazing to see good old Keegan being dragged back from the dead. Even more amazing that he accepted the challenge. Mind you, he has nothing to lose. Either they'll carry on being mediocre, in which case he can blame it on the previous managers, or - by a miracle - to start moving up the table (only way is up really for them!)
        However I've never been able to understand why and how prior successful managers with a good history and a long time established career at previously unknown clubs like Curbishley at Charlton or Allardyce at Bolton would get up and go for no reason. Both Curbishley and Allardyce would have passed Ferguson's long service record had they chosen to stay put. Surely others have thought about it, like Redknapp at Portsmouth or Hughes at Blackburn but I am glad to see that they have not made the same mistake. In a way, it is like some of the contractors here walking out of a long and happy contract, only to end up being ditched 3 months later and kicking themselves for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
          However I've never been able to understand why and how prior successful managers with a good history and a long time established career at previously unknown clubs like Curbishley at Charlton or Allardyce at Bolton would get up and go for no reason.
          Successful people have a continual desire to prove themselves and their abilities. It must simply become boring otherwise to keep motivated so the buzz surrounding a new challenge must lure them away.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            Successful people have a continual desire to prove themselves and their abilities. It must simply become boring otherwise to keep motivated so the buzz surrounding a new challenge must lure them away.
            Which explains why I'm still doing the same old sh1t then.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              Which explains why I'm still doing the same old tulip then.
              Can't fault your logic there

Comment

to start moving up the table (only way is up really for them!)
                Erm...we're 11th. There are lower positions than that!

However I've never been able to understand why and how prior successful managers with a good history and a long time established career at previously unknown clubs like Curbishley at Charlton or Allardyce at Bolton would get up and go for no reason. Both Curbishley and Allardyce would have passed Ferguson's long service record had they chosen to stay put. Surely others have thought about it, like Redknapp at Portsmouth or Hughes at Blackburn but I am glad to see that they have not made the same mistake. In a way, it is like some of the contractors here walking out of a long and happy contract, only to end up being ditched 3 months later and kicking themselves for it.
                I just always remember Souness saying "Things happen at this club which dont happen anywhere else" and then he couldn't say any more cause Shepherd used to make all managers sign confidentiality agreements!!
                So I'd imagine they also had things in their clause like "if you dont go when we tell you we'll set the dogs on you" or something

Things will hopefully change under Ashley (he didn't sign Sam after all).

But again, time can only tell.
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Beware of temptation

A new challenge is always tempting - what happens in practice though is anyone that is good at their job usually gets noticed by another competitor and although we would all like to be 'head-hunted', most times this happens is to take you of a successful outfit in order for it to become less of a competition for an opponent. The person leaves with his reputation damaged by a acrimonious 'tug-of-war' and can never establish himself in a new environment where he is an outsider with questionable loyalty (as a result of that move). He is just a pawn in a big game played by much bigger players than him. I have seen it happen with most of the investment banks I have worked for, but happens all the time everywhere. I say think very carefully before you make your next move. Grass isn't always greener on the other side (just being 'watered' more often)

Comment

"Erm...we're 11th. There are lower positions than that!"

Ahh but they are all small teams and not a great big team like the mighty toon. Checking their honours section on NUFC.co.uk they have not won much for a big club.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page...223384,00.html
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Dow - do you just cut and paste these responses from another forum?
                      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                      X