• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Demand for IT Contractors going off a cliff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep

I have seen all the restaurants and bars in London full of Eastern Europeans spending their hard earned cash-not!

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
      If you want to know if a hard rains a gonna fall -

Take a look at restaurants in your locale - are they busy or do you see a lot of empty tables - that - for the past few recessions in the UK was always the most predictable early warning sign.
      There was maybe 1 less car at the McDonalds drive through? Should we be worried?

Comment

Looking at hourly rates:

http://www.jobstats.co.uk/jobstats.d/Rates.html

It looks like we never even got back to the rates offered in 2000 (£68 for the top 10% of earners and coincidentally was my rate in 2000-2002) in nominal terms, never mind real terms.

£68 is about £95 in today's money. Kind of depressing in a way that I reached my peak earnings at the age of 26 and it's all down hill from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          Is it a compulsion with numbers... like trainspotting?
          No. Researching the market. I do a full extract of Jobserve into a database and work out what skills are being asked for to determine what training I want, what areas and so on.

When I came across Jobstats I was a bit narked!
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

So... which agency is going to go bust first?
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I got to say lads, doesn't look good does it.

Time to batten down the hatches and step up a gear and do a good job, hopefully being the last one to get kicked out and appreciating what you have.

All the best,

Milan.

Comment

See. Look again. Was just the January lull that happens every year.

I'm going to trademark my own saying...

It'll be fine™

http://www.jobstats.co.uk/jobstats.d...S.d/index.html
                Last edited by MrRobin; 4 February 2008, 09:44. Reason: Added link
                It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Working...
                X