• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The shape of things to come....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
    According to the article the broadcasting of the call is not to give the faithful a reminder but is an essential part of their worship!
    Can we install a similar loud-hailer system to send out the following...

"Shut the fuuuuuuuuuu ckup!!"?

Comment

Don't have a problem with it myself.

If Church Bells are allowed, then I don't see why this can't be.

Comment

lads, in fairness, the churches ring their bells, so why can the others do the same ?

it's only fair you know

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Can we install a similar loud-hailer system to send out the following...

"Shut the fuuuuuuuuuu ckup!!"?

Comment

This is yet another reason why I never feel the need to question my stance of 'not doing religion'
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
              lads, in fairness, the churches ring their bells, so why can the others do the same ?

it's only fair you know

Milan.
              Because it's not British is it... where's you sense of national identity?

Do what thou wilt

Comment

our national identity is changing

haven't you noticed that ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
                  Because it's not British is it... where's you sense of national identity?

Never mind that, where's your sense of national security?

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

it's only fair you know

Milan.
                    "Christian churches ring bells, but they are just a signal. The Muslim call is a theological statement. Imagine the outrage if churches were to propose broadcasting the Lord's Prayer over and over again three times a day."

HTH
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by M_B View Post
                      Don't have a problem with it myself.

If Church Bells are allowed, then I don't see why this can't be.
                      If they wanted to ring a bell that would be fine by me, screaming and shouting over a bloody megaphone is something completely different.

Not to mention this is a christian country (at least it was the last time I checked). Could you image the fuss if you went and built a church in Saudi and started ringing the bells to call people to worship?? It would prolly be burnt down within a month....

Comment

Working...
                      X