• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Marrying your sister.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I kind of hope they stayed together. It's not like they grew up together; it's only a freak of biology.
    I thought it was also illegal?

Comment

I kind of hope they stayed together. It's not like they grew up together; it's only a freak of biology.
      Have you ever been to Macclesfield?
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
        Careful Lucy, that's naughty quoting that is.
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I was thinking about this on the way home tonight...and was thinking how they didn't twig eariler:

"I'm adopted"
          "Are you? So am I"
          "When's your birthday?"
          "2nd Jan 1970"
          "No! so is mine! what a coincidence! Will you marry me?!"

I don't know about the adoption process, but surely you must know your actual birthday? The only conceivable reason I can think that they didn't figure it out earlier was if they didn't have the same birthday.

[Edit] I mean they were told different birth dates
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Could have been worse, look what happened to Oedipus...
            Originally posted by zeitghost
            Or as the old yiddish joke goes: "Oedipus, smoedipus, a boy should love his mother"...
            Talking to yourself?

If you met someone who had the same birth date as you, you'd probably think it was a bit of fun. You might even think it was some kind of sign that you were meant to be together. You probably wouldn't think "you must be the long lost twin sister I had no idea I had".
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
              Have you ever been to Macclesfield?
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

No matter how you write it, it's still spellt i. n. c. e. s. t.
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                  No matter how you write it, it's still spellt i. n. c. e. s. t.

Spelt. Or probably spelled.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Spelt. Or probably spelled.
                    Thank you, I was in a mental turmoil at the time of writing
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                      I was thinking about this on the way home tonight...and was thinking how they didn't twig eariler:

"I'm adopted"
                      "Are you? So am I"
                      "When's your birthday?"
                      "2nd Jan 1970"
                      "No! so is mine! what a coincidence! Will you marry me?!"

I don't know about the adoption process, but surely you must know your actual birthday? The only conceivable reason I can think that they didn't figure it out earlier was if they didn't have the same birthday.

[Edit] I mean they were told different birth dates
                      Actually no. If you take just 23 people, the odds of two of them having the same birthday is about 0.5. Strange but true.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X