• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sad Day for Adventurers - Sir Ed dies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    And he didnt whinge about not winning the rugby world cup either
    Game, set and match to DA!
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Game, set and match to DA!
      Being English, I am going to gloat
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Being English, I am going to gloat
        Only the English gloat even when they didn't win.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          That's why we have so much to gloat about
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

That's why we have so much to gloat about
            Revelling in your lack of ambition?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                True shame, what a great man he was, not because he climbed Everest, but because he dedicated his life to helping Nepal and the Nepalese people and made sure Tansing got the due credit he deserved.

Stolen from another forum

"He worked tirelessly for the welfare of the Nepalese people, he celebrated cultural diversity and he was always a champion for the dignity of every human being. It is no exaggeration to say that every New Zealander, particularly those of my generation, grew up in awe of this man and his achievements. In contrast to the more cynical age of today where the accolade of celebrity is awarded to the most lowly television "personality" and where “heroism” is defined in the shallowest terms, Hillary deserved the honour and acclaim associated with the truly famous."
                RIP Hillary. Truly great man with integrity and honour - a rare thing this day and age. I didn't know much about Hillary's humanitarian efforts until I read this, which goes to show just how warped our world is and how our priorities get so mixed up in the media. I knew more about Jade Goody's life than his. But he seemed like a truly great man on so many levels. I was in Nepal years ago, and stayed in the capital Kathmandu, and I found them to be wonderful people. Also my father was in the army and worked alongside the Gurkhas, who are appallingly treated once they leave the services, with fewer rights than their British born counterparts. So I was pleased to read how much he dedicated his life to the Nepalese.

Thanks for posting this.
                Last edited by Denny; 11 January 2008, 15:26.

Comment

Thanks Denny

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                    RIP Hillary. Truly great man with integrity and honour - a rare thing this day and age. I didn't know much about Hillary's humanitarian efforts until I read this, which goes to show just how warped our world is and how our priorities get so mixed up in the media. I knew more about Jade Goody's life than his. But he seemed like a truly great man on so many levels. I was in Nepal years ago, and stayed in the capital Katmandoo, and I found them to be wonderful people. Also my father was in the army and worked alongside the Ghurkas, who are appallingly treated once they leave the services, with fewer rights than their British born counterparts. So I was pleased to read how much he dedicated his life to the Nepalese.

Thanks for posting this.
                    Gurkha

Kathmandu

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                      Gurkha

Kathmandu
                      OK, I've had a glass or two of Sherry and should have done a spellcheck. I thought these words looked a bit odd, but I was feeling lazy.

Comment

Working...
                      X