• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Photo's from Goa, India.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    But the place isn't finished yet, cheap as chips it is. I was just in the market
    onions x 4
    tomatoes x 4
    green pepper x 2

Rs .15 = 0.12p bargin
    Wow.

That's fine - we can wait until it's finished - how much is Red Bull and Champagne over there?

Comment

Was in Goa a few years ago.

Don't eat the chicken, and I'm not sure if the meat in the mutton curry really is/was sheep...

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
        Wow.

That's fine - we can wait until it's finished - how much is Red Bull and Champagne over there?
        I will have to check, but drink is cheap here, they pore very large measures. It also depends on where you go some places large bottle of Kingfisher larger 0.50p

I eat where the locals eat, decor is a bit transport cafe, food is good "fish curry rice Rs .35 lassie Rs .10, so about 0.50p for lunch.

So you could have lunch with drink £1
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Wow.

Dom Perignon is about £50 a bottle during happy hour at the Cidade de Goa.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I will have to check, but drink is cheap here, they pore very large measures. It also depends on where you go some places large bottle of Kingfisher larger 0.50p

I eat where the locals eat, decor is a bit transport cafe, food is good "fish curry rice Rs .35 lassie Rs .10, so about 0.50p for lunch.

Your maths is wrong:

curry = 50p
            beer = 50p x 10 = £5

So lunch for £5.50, or £5.00 if you forget the curry.

Also, they serve Lassie? They can't do that! Who's going to save the little boy stuck at the bottom of the well?

Comment

AP,

How have you worked around India's constraints on foreign owned property? Did you set up a company?

Comment

Wow.

The last time I drank that I ended up...

Oh, hi rh.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinto View Post
                  AP,

How have you worked around India's constraints on foreign owned property? Did you set up a company?
                  Yes, I set up a company, just finished the accounts for last year, was reconommed an accountant, turned out to be an waste of time. So I'm looking for a new one now. Anybody know a good accountant in Goa?
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Anybody know a good accountant in Goa?
                    Wait until Google picks up that sentence and you should get plenty of offers right here
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

You eat lassie??!!
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X