• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone interested in US politics?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Obama wins north Carolina, narrowly loses Indiana.

Looks like he may have nailed the bitch. More I see of Mrs Clinto, the more I really despise her - self serving, nasty peice of work who'll happily drag her party down, or Obama for now so she can have a pop this time or next election if Obama loses ...
    The best thing that could happen, as far as I am concerned is, for Billary to win the nomination, and then lose the election. I want to see the prize, that she has virtually sold her soul for, taken away, and for her to be crushed like a bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
      The best thing that could happen, as far as I am concerned is, for Billary to win the nomination, and then lose the election. I want to see the prize, that she has virtually sold her soul for, taken away, and for her to be crushed like a bug.
      Yes, but that would give her a chance of winning. Or McCain might die on the campaign trail or something ...

Personally I would have no objections to either McCain or Obama. But Clinton ... urgh.
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

win-win scenarios

The way it's turned out, McCain will be laughing all the way to the White House.
        a. If it's Obama, most of her supporters will not vote for him
        b. If it's Clinton, most of his supporters will not vote for her
        So McCain is the likely winner then.

Comment

Pinko maybe

But at least he's not g a y.

Comment

Hopefully McCain isn't on a hotline to god like Bush. "Tell me what to do lord" FFS!
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              Hopefully McCain isn't on a hotline to god like Bush. "Tell me what to do lord" FFS!
              Better than a hotline to Bill.

Comment

Clinton left the Whitehouse on the highest approval rating of any president post the second world war, so he must have been doing something right. The economy was in a good state, the dollar was the currency of choice, we weren't involved in pointless oil supply wars that have only served to raise the price of oil. How times have changed.
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Wars? There is no oil in Afganistan, and the murderous Taliban were removed.
                  The price of oil has gone up because of demand from China and India.

Bill never won a majority of the popular vote. He rode on the back of an IT lead boom, Microsoft and technology, more than anything to do with politicians. Al Gore did not invent the internet.

Given the Republicans ran both houses of congress from 1994 - 2006 you could argue that this had a significant influence. What Clinton ignored was the growing threat of Islamist terror, the World Trade Centre was attacked under his watch (1993) this was an Islamist group, but there was very little attempt to do much about this, he struck a deal with North Korea, to give it oil and money in exchange for not developing nuclear weapons, which turned out to be a complete fraud. Meanwhile how long was Clinton going to let Iraq get away with breaching UN Security Council resolutions - time and time again.

No. I still prefer God over Bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    Clinton left the Whitehouse on the highest approval rating of any president post the second world war, so he must have been doing something right. The economy was in a good state, the dollar was the currency of choice, we weren't involved in pointless oil supply wars that have only served to raise the price of oil. How times have changed.
                    It's not the husband I've an issue with ...
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                      Wars? There is no oil in Afganistan, and the murderous Taliban were removed.
                      The price of oil has gone up because of demand from China and India.

Bill never won a majority of the popular vote. He rode on the back of an IT lead boom, Microsoft and technology, more than anything to do with politicians. Al Gore did not invent the internet.

Given the Republicans ran both houses of congress from 1994 - 2006 you could argue that this had a significant influence. What Clinton ignored was the growing threat of Islamist terror, the World Trade Centre was attacked under his watch (1993) this was an Islamist group, but there was very little attempt to do much about this, he struck a deal with North Korea, to give it oil and money in exchange for not developing nuclear weapons, which turned out to be a complete fraud. Meanwhile how long was Clinton going to let Iraq get away with breaching UN Security Council resolutions - time and time again.

No. I still prefer God over Bill.

Nice avoidance tactics with Iraq there, at least you didn't mention WMD or try to link Iraq to 11/9 when even the Saudis were more involved. Perhaps you knew the middle east plan was long in the making before 11/9 however, it didn't quite work out the way they expected and has only served to help push the price higher. Ah the UN, matters as a justification, but doesn't matter if the war isn't sanctioned in a resolution? Can't have it both ways

In Summary: The repulicans can't run the economy or a war.

Comment

Working...
                      X