• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone interested in US politics?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Actually - I think you couldn't be more wrong on that count.
    Seconded.

I'm fairly interested - I loved the Independants write up of all candidates yesterday That paper is so opinionated - it doesn't hold any punches! They were clearly championing Edwards..who more than resembles Tony Blair!
    Did you see the photo of clinton they put in?

SP - I think the issue of being a black candidate is really important, and will constantly be mentioned until he wins (I mean "if" obviously).
    He seems like a good guy - no David Palmer obviously
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

The Iowa vote is a little like one of our byelections. Lots of media focus on a very small number of unrepresentative voters who enjoy their moment of fame. True it can generate momentum but is far from a decisive pointer.

I'm waiting for New Hampshire next Tuesday before writing Clinton off

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
        I'm fairly interested - I loved the Independants write up of all candidates yesterday That paper is so opinionated - it doesn't hold any punches! They were clearly championing Edwards..who more than resembles Tony Blair!
        Did you see the photo of clinton they put in?
        Sorry. I usually don't care but the misspelling of this particular word upsets me.

There are no A's in Independent

But yes, the Independent paper; unbiased it is not!

David Palmer would rock (so long as he leaves his freaky wife behind). More actors for presidents!
        It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by the guy with the bowtie View Post
          The Iowa vote is a little like one of our byelections. Lots of media focus on a very small number of unrepresentative voters who enjoy their moment of fame. True it can generate momentum but is far from a decisive pointer.

I'm waiting for New Hampshire next Tuesday before writing Clinton off
          Absolutely agree - but I think Iowa counts for a lot - if Obama wins NH as well then he has all the momentum and you wouldn't be risking too much to suggest he'll be the next democratic candidate. On two states their rides an awful lot of momentum.

Personally I think Obama is the most electable democrat - Clinton is way too divisive, I've friends in the US who are democratic voters who will point blank refuse to vote for her (They won't vote at all in that case), and that's within her own party - if she guarantees one thing it's that she'll mobilise the republicans to get out and vote against her.
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Agree that Clinton looks divisive yet she won the Senate again in New York with a huge vote, especially in the upstate section which is just the sort of area she is supposed to repel.

US politics is all about money (I presume the NY vote was influenced by this) and the Clinton bandwagon has a stack of cash which will now be unleashed. I still think the White House is Clinton's to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
              the misspelling of this particular word upsets me.

oh to have your problems!!
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

I know... it's a horrible affliction! Just spare some pity for me around July 4th.
                It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
                  I know... it's a horrible affliction! Just spare some pity for me around July 4th.
                  I bet you rue the day Will Smith took to our screens to fight those massive space ships too eh?
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

US Primaries

It's going to be Clinton vs Guliani, a repeat of the fight that never took place for her NY Senate seat. Clinton is a polished performer, Guliani is a likeable and seasoned politician, so it should be quite interesting to see who comes up on top in the end.
                    Guliani strategy was not to bother with Iowa and some other joke states that carry only a handful of delegates and concentrate on the big ones (NY, California, Florida and Mid-West ones) to carry him through the convention.
                    If he makes it to the White House (despite Bush's unpopularity) it will be a small miracle.
                    Rest of the Republicans are too old or non-appealing to the core voters, Obama will falter in the South where Edwards will get most votes and Clinton will cruise to win the nomination (and possibly the White House). Despite what she says atm, she will carry out most of the Bush agenda (inc. war in Iraq/Afghan/etc).
                    -End of bulletin-

Comment

Do you think, if their constitution allowed it, Americans would have voted Bush in again? And if so that we should perhaps consider going extinct and letting another species have a go?

Comment

Working...
                      X