• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nuts addiction

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scratch them....
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      I didn’t check out the ingredients in a big bag of pistachio nuts I once bought and it turned out they were unsalted (maybe ingredients should list things not there too). Ikk, I found them a bit plain without salt so decided to rectify the situation with some simmering in saturated salt solution, for half an hour. That was the easy part. Getting them dry in a reasonable amount of time turned out to be trickier and they remained a bit soggy until all gone Perhaps in hindsight I’d have been better off shelling them first.

Lawd, roasting nuts means roasting nuts... what you need to do (with shelled nuts) is add a drop of water or two just to make the salt stick, add salt as desired (I add a lot) then roast it but stir every few minutes... I don't roast in the oven I just put them in a frying pan add drop of water salt, and keep stirring the pan till the nuts are nice and roasty, hot roasted nuts are delicious.

Comment

Working...
      X