• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So what did Santa bring you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    Oh for those of you who do not feel well/kids not feeling well, hope you feel better soon.
    hear hear. And make sure you keep away from us while contagious :-)

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      squirrel flu?
      Yes, just kicking in now. Had a bad cough for a while and now everything aches. Excellent.

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
      The courage to say goodbye to my bf.

HURaah!
      Nice one Lucy - hope you're feeling a lot better for it too - here's to new beginnings.

1 remote control helicopter (this is very cool, though the noise it makes is worsening my headache).
      Banksy book.
      Set of Staedtler pro drawing pens.
      Set of Rotring Marsograph pens with usual accessories, compass thingy, pencil etc - with spare nibs and ink.
      Chocolates.
      2 T-shirts, one a bit lame and the other excellent.
      Aveda shaving stuff, ThisWorks muscle rub (which doesn't bloody work).
      A bottle of my favorite Armagnac.
      A couple of half decent bottles of red and a bottle of Bolly.
      More chocolates.
      Bottle of black sambuca.
      The Times sudoku calendar.
      Some Moleskine notebooks.
      Set of solid silver cufflinks in a funky design.
      Last edited by realityhack; 26 December 2007, 11:25. Reason: Forgot the cufflinks

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
        Yes, just kicking in now. Had a bad cough for a while and now everything aches. Excellent.

Nice one Lucy - hope you're feeling a lot better for it too - here's to new beginnings.

1 remote control helicopter (this is very cool, though the noise it makes is worsening my headache).
        Banksy book.
        Set of Rotring Marsograph pens with usual accessories, compass thingy, pencil etc - with spare nibs and ink.
        Chocolates.
        2 T-shirts, one a bit lame and the other excellent.
        Aveda shaving stuff, ThisWorks muscle rub (which doesn't bloody work).
        A bottle of my favorite Armagnac.
        A couple of half decent bottles of red and a bottle of Bolly.
        More chocolates.
        Bottle of black sambuca.
        The Times sudoku calendar.
        Some Moleskine notebooks.
        Set of solid silver cufflinks in a funky design.
        You had goodstuff, I had the usual round of uselessstuff
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

some good some bad

b ball shorts - too long......plus i have 4 already.....sigh
          vests - ok
          bamboo steamer - useless
          kangol hat and shower stuff - nice but not my bag
          face towels - really needed these
          sweetcorn forks - useless junk
          small jigsaw of piano - i hate jigsaws
          t-shirt - yeah!! (I chose it myself)
          simpsons chocolate - i am not 5 you know...........
          Frying pan set - i have two frying pans already....
          hand made soap - do i smell of something....
          two crap plates from ikea - need i say more......
          cadburys chocolate fingers - not too bad.......I'll give it to someone else for pressie
          tin of quality street - i hate quality street

gifts I gave:

fuji digital camera
          womens boots
          box set dvd of heroes

I don't want lots of presents that are junk, just one big present will be nice.......

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            You had goodstuff, I had the usual round of uselessstuff
            I long ago made it clear through hinting, comments when buying presents for others with the other half, when shopping etc - that presents with no useful or practical value are completely pointless (i.e. TAT). The rc helicopter is an exception to this rule - but my brother always buys cool tat. For my sister's wedding he bought bride & groom a super-soaker water pistol each.

Comment

Tools, boxes of screws, Printer cartridges, etc. useful stuff that I need and use regularly would be nice.

What do I get.

Wine - don't drink

A stupid 6" miniature leather armchair with remote control holder and beer bottle holder - carp, straight in bin

Fluffy bigfoot slippers - straight in bin

Old spice assortment - straight in bin

Whiskey - don't drink

Y fronts - hate em - straight in bin

Thermos Flask & Hand warmers - Excellent

Comment

diver, you wanna swop any stuff that's useless in my post?

I'll take the fluffy bigfoot slippers off ya!

Comment

Originally posted by wantacontract View Post
                  diver, you wanna swop any stuff that's useless in my post?

I'll take the fluffy bigfoot slippers off ya!
                  Gave drink to my brother (who didn't buy me anything but came up and did a load of work on my new house instead )

Rest in bottom of wheely bin already

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                    Me old man used to be a draughtsman for TNPC way back, so I'm familiar with those brands... I always thought with PC's & plotters the trade would have died out - what use will you put them to?
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                      Me old man used to be a draughtsman for TNPC way back, so I'm familiar with those brands... I always thought with PC's & plotters the trade would have died out - what use will you put them to?
                      Dad's an architect - the old school kind who has never had to use a computer/plotter as he can do all that quicker by hand than his business partner who uses a plotter and spends half the time programming it. Always been in awe at his ability to draw in perspective and almost exactly to scale - by hand, straight lines/circles/ellipses with no rulers or templates, very quickly.

He buys the stuff for me as I use it for my design work and fine art - layout, storyboarding, wireframing and concept work prior to photoshop/illustrator work. I always work out the concepts on paper before firing up the computer, it's just quicker that way.

The fine art is just a 12-years-and-counting hobby at the moment - getting more serious lately - but pigment ink fineliners are still highly useful as much of my stuff is charcoal ink and wash before the oil paints come out.

Comment

Working...
                      X