• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New tax ideas for Gordon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't blame the poor ratties on this one.

If people have poor hygiene standards that encourage rats to prosper, then they are responsible for getting the plague.

<Signed Anthony Whiskers, Rat Spokesvermin>
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

This should kill TPD thread
      It's nice to put a value on the TPD. I reckon £51.45 at the moment.

That's a heck of a lot of entertainment for the equivalent price of a meal out.
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by RandyW View Post
        One spends £1000 on a licence, and then has free reign to kill them. The grey ones are just like rats, only cute...

rein
        It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Howibout a spellging tacks ?

That shoold urn Gordourn sum nighce pennys.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

[quote=Board Game Geek;394627
            >Children : Ok, so technically needed for continuation of the species, however it should be a privilege to have children, not a right. £50[/quote]

Sterilise all children at birth.
            At the legal age of majority - whatever that may be as long as it is after puberty - the children have to take a test each year to determine if they are "responsible" enough and can afford to look after their own children without taking state benefits.
            If they fail the test then the sterilisation remains in force until they pass the test. Upon registering a second child, the mother and father will be taken back into hospital to be re-sterilised, which will not again be reversed unless they lose one of their existing children.
            At any time during the life of the mother/father, if one or both have to go on state benefits they are sterilised so that they don't have children that the state has to support (even indirectly).
            It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Kathy for PM !

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post

rein
                deer

oops, sorry, thought this was the word association thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                  What about red? Besides Gray squirrels are vermin.
                  No one spotted this...!

Grey - Not in America are we... tsk tsk...
                  Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post

rein
                    Wow, a bigger spelling nerd than me. I think I'm in love

Comment

Originally posted by RandyW View Post
                      Wow, a bigger spelling nerd than me. I think I'm in love
                      You are Churchill and I claim my £5.

Comment

Working...
                      X