• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My lunch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starter:
    Cream of mushroom soup with garlic croutons
    Main Course:
    Roast breast of turkey with cumberland sausage adn red wine sauce
    Dessert:
    Cheesecake

Our team's Christmas lunch - turned out all the workstrams on the project had booked the same venue on the same day so the office was deserted for a couple of hours this lunchtime
    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Christmas Lunch in works canteen

no it is not subsidised, it is a bistro attached to the works building, yes i paid for it all by myself, i decided the time i went for lunch and was not dictated to.. this should stop AtW from kicking off
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Went out at lunch to buy a present to a friend’s daughter, but found really good sales in House of Fraser, so bought myself 2 suits and one woollen trousers, all really good quality and very good value.

However I took too long and there was no time for me to have lunch. We also had secret Santa today, some one bought me a classy tin full of Chocolate Italian Biscotti !!! and I can’t eat wheat. I hope I don’t get hungry and cave into them. Am going to rely on the diet coke and decaff coffee from the machine today. Btw: I didn’t have breakfast either this morning !!

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
          Went Btw: I didn’t have breakfast either this morning !!
          Well after hearing that most interesting little anecdote the excitement has got the better of me and I will have to now go and damage the dalton.

Comment

2 pints of lager - but no packet of crisps
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              Well after hearing that most interesting little anecdote the excitement has got the better of me and I will have to now go and damage the dalton.

Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                Whats a dalton?
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  Whats a dalton?
                  An elusive character who has served in the police force, the army and the clergy at various times in his euphemistic life.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    Whats a dalton?
                    Oh Dear TM

Comment

Lamb Souvlaki
                      Grilled Sardines
                      Lamb chops
                      Taramasalata
                      Tsatliki (?)
                      Grilled Halloumi
                      Kofte