• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inverness CT 3-2 Celtic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Better money in EPL, eh?
    There may be better money - but just think of the travelling and accomodation costs.
    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
      There may be better money - but just think of the travelling and accomodation costs.
      For the money they get paid I'd expect them to walk all this distance.

Comment

Better money in EPL, eh?

I think life in EPL for them would have been struggle not to get relegated, I'd pay to watch that
        That's right. Celtic can beat the likes of Milan, Man U, Benfica etc (Not too mention Liverpool, Blackburn etc in years gone by and only going out on penalties last year to the eventual champions) but we're bricking it at the idea of playing Sunderland, Wigan, Derby etc etc

Your knowledge of football is only exceeded by your sexual knowledge of women AtW.
        Last edited by snaw; 17 December 2007, 14:26.
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

SPL in my view has got only one, though important, credit - you seem to have mostly local Scottish players, so actually I think you might be beating English national team.

Comment

"That's right. Celtic can beat the likes of Milan, Man U, Benfica etc (Not too mention Liverpool, Blackburn etc in years gone by and only going out on penalties last year to the eventual champions) but we're bricking it at the idea of playing Sunderland, Wigan, Derby etc etc"

I'd say so when you get turned over by the boys from Inverness. Any team can gt itself up for the big games - it's consistantly beating the smaller teams which gives you the title. Which you already know as you only have 2 big teams up there. If Celtic and Rangers were in the English league they would be mid table and fair game for smaller prem teams.

It's amazing how nobody in Scotland wants anything to do with England except for those who want their 2 teams in our better league.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post

It's amazing how nobody in Scotland wants anything to do with England except for those who want their 2 teams in our better league.
              I wouldn't say that everyone in Scotland wants "nothing to do with England". That is just not true. I have lots of English friends, and Welsh and Irish. The large majority of Scots have nothing against the English, but I do admit that there are bigoted people up in Scotland, as there are in England. Sad really...but there you go...
              "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

For the money they get paid I'd expect them to walk all this distance.
                I'm not talking about the players...I'm talking about the clubs.
                It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                  I'd say so when you get turned over by the boys from Inverness. Any team can gt itself up for the big games - it's consistantly beating the smaller teams which gives you the title. Which you already know as you only have 2 big teams up there. If Celtic and Rangers were in the English league they would be mid table and fair game for smaller prem teams.

Even the big clubs in Englad get turned over by the smaller clubs on occasion. The norm is for us to beat them, the reason for the thread, and the reason we're champions. Strange concept but sometimes it's hard for players at the big clubs to raise their game for a dreich away tie to the far north of scotland. But the small clubs always relish taking on the big boys.

We'd walk all over the the bottom half of the premiership, and football being football (i.e. all about the money) we'd be a major force in a very short time. We're on of the biggest clubs in the world and if we played in a league where you get the kind of money that's available in the premiership we'd be seriously wealthy.

At the end of the day money is the difference between the top four in england and the rest, we'd compete on those terms. (Obviously a manager and the right pleyers etc need to follow).
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Celtic are tulip.

Comment

Celtic only survive as they get back handers from the Scottish parliament. Cannot survive without govt hand outs.

Comment

Working...
                      X