• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

relocate to Leicester

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ruth11 View Post
    If you want lovely leafy suburb that's still walkable from town (and have a lot of money to spend on a house), Stoneygate can't be beaten, i

Narborough is nice, you can go for old style village or newish estate houses and it's very close to Fosse Park and J21 of M1.
    Agreed and Agreed.

I looked at moving to Stoneygate - still might. Just think that people command a little too much plus its the wrong side of Leicester for me.

Narborough is good...I live "close" to there. There is also a few small villages around there which are excellent.

If you want good access then I suggest Anstey. 2 mins from the A46, 5 mins from the M1 J 21A or M1 J22. Right by the A50 - for centre of Leicester.

I did look at buying there then the muppets (DHL) cancelled my contract and as it was my second ever felt it was better to get another before continuing with the purchase. Then some mug bought it for £160k and is still trying to sell it for £175k after having it on the market for £185k at one point.

Plus there are some really nice new build and older houses in Anstey - has decent amenities large co-op etc. 5 mins to Beaumont Leys....which is only good if you want to tour the Walkers crisps factory or shop at a massive Tesco.

Comment

Originally posted by ruth11 View Post
      Price will all depend on whether you go for Really Nice or just Nice!
      Dont move to Rothley unless you want to be near people who allegedly ate their own child. Then spent some money on their mortgage.

Plus I am against Rothley as an old girlfriend used to live there. Nice n*rks but turned out to be a real fruit loop....I mean serious fruit loop.

Comment

Working...
      X