• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The "Ask BrilloPad" thread.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    It actually comes from the Latin quis
    Nah, can't do, because if you read old stuff like what I do, you find the use is more in the line of tormenting the village idiot, i.e. if you're 'quizzing' someone you're bouncing someone who can't fight back, back and forth, amongst your gang. Also the Yo-Yo was originally called a 'quiz', possibly for the same reason: bouncing back and forth.

That 'qui es' version I think you mean doesn't come along until late victorian stuff.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      Ps> and I didn't have to google it either
      Neither did I - I used yahoo.

Comment

BP

if a horse can be taken to water why must a pencil be lead ??

does every cloud have a silver lining ??

AG
        Married

Comment

BP

what do i have to do to win the Pizza Hut Challenge at dinner time ??

AG
          Married

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post
            BP

if a horse can be taken to water why must a pencil be lead ??

does every cloud have a silver lining ??

AG
            TWO questions! Well since you are a tpder I will let you off this once.

Katie's horse can't go to water as she is a fem-bot. You should take a zinc suppliment to keep the lead in your pencil.

Not every cloud has a silver lining. But every silver lining has a close. <Brillo in BlasterBates mode>

Comment

Hey I've got a real question! How do you get a hold of Montpellier? I love the fact they don't list a phone number on their site and never answer emails. Or maybe this is a sign of things to come?

Comment

Originally posted by gdm View Post
                Hey I've got a real question! How do you get a hold of Montpellier? I love the fact they don't list a phone number on their site and never answer emails. Or maybe this is a sign of things to come?
                Interesting seeing this ressurected!

Are you a member or do you wish to join? Can you receive PMs?

Comment

Brillopad do you have red hair?

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Brillopad do you have a superhero's outfit?
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Brillopad do you have red hair?

Only my roots are red. The rest is blonde.

I take it you did mean my pubes?

Comment

Working...
                      X