• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New watch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well mine says 300m on it and has the double clasp for easy fitting on the outside of your wetsuit.

I'm not a diver though (well, not that sort anyway) so I can't vouch for its abilities in the water. Only had it a year - last years Xmas pressie from other half ;-)

I didn't get it for bling but because I feel the plain understatedness and veiled quality fit with my own view of myself.

Also for when those times a girl asks you the time just to see what kind of watch you are wearing so she can work out if you are worth talking to a little longer ;-) Plastic just doesn't cut the mustard in those situations, does it.
    Last edited by WotNxt; 12 December 2007, 09:33.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Anyone who pays more than £20 for a watch needs their head examined.
      i agree with you sas but would go up to £50. mind you, i never buy them now - i get the wife to do it. current one has lasted nearly 3 years. was about £45 i think.

Comment

My wife got me a watch for my Engagement present. Seiko Kinectic Titanium Auto Relay. I looooove it. Put it down and it stops moving....pick it up and the time fast forwards to the time and date it should be on. And its very very light. Think it cost about £500
        Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          What happened to it Diver? If it leaked, I think their warranty lasts longer than 3 years.

FWIW, I've always used Suunto dive timers & computers. My Tag is just for bling.
          Underwater welding & residual current sorted it right out. It acted like a sacrificial anode
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
            My wife got me a watch for my Engagement present. Seiko Kinectic Titanium Auto Relay. I looooove it. Put it down and it stops moving....pick it up and the time fast forwards to the time and date it should be on. And its very very light. Think it cost about £500
            I had a Seiko Kinetic, after about 3 years the battery wouldn't hold a charge which defeated the object a bit and at £90 for a replacement battery it’s hardly economical, I now have Breil (swanky seiko) and the battery costs £2.99 every 5 years.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I think Citizen do one that is solar powered, has the kinetic gubbins and sets itself off the atomic clock in Rugby (or wherever you are). That's arguably the watch for a contractor, getting off planes all the time.

Comment

I have a Zodiac from about 10 years ago. still working fine. And the battery lasts about 5 years. Cost me about £150 then. Worth every penny as I've not had to buy a watch since.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  I had a Seiko Kinetic, after about 3 years the battery wouldn't hold a charge which defeated the object a bit and at £90 for a replacement battery it’s hardly economical, I now have Breil (swinky seiko) and the battery costs £2.99 every 5 years.
                  3 years i have had my latest one (auto relay) for 2 now so hopefully it won't stop in the next 9 months. Previously i had the normal Kinetic (big chunky one) and have had this for 6year no problem and am wearing in right now.
                  Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Whenever I need to check time I teleport in front of Big Ben - if I happen to be late I teleport and go back in time to be just where and when I needed to be in the first place.

Oh, and at home I use solar watch gifted to me by Archimedus, though cheeky fellow he was with all that back slapping, I still liked him.

threaded

Comment

My wife bought me a Seiko as a wedding present (£100).

Lasted about 9 years before the battery went, by then I fancied a change so she bought me another Seiko for Christmas last year, slightly more expensive (she won't say how much more), but it gave up the ghost about a week ago, convieniently 12 months and 3 weeks after she bought it........

So I'm gonna get a new battery for the first one

Comment

Working...
                      X